VIDEO : MILD 2 WILD - 2019 JEEP EXPERIENCE at Katemcy Rocks Texas - PART 2

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Part 2 of MILD 2 WILD highlights the main event at the 2019 Nitto Jeep Experience presented by KMC Wheels. Although it rained on us for the better part of the day, Texas is usually pretty hot this time of year and so it was actually a welcomed sight being that it did such a great job of helping to keep things cool. Of course, the added water and subsequent mud we got from it did have a way of making trails such as Fence Line, School Bus, Devil's Draw, King of the Hill and Little Debbie, a bit more of a challenge. Because that this was an all breeds Jeep event, we did have the pleasure of wheeling with rigs other than your typical JK or JL Wrangler but I think it's fair to say there was only one rig, that everyone was eager to see in action - the badass EVO Jeep Gladiator Truck, also known as the OG 40. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

Oh, and because I know it's coming, yes, a number of people were having issues with their e-lockers including us. PSC and DANA were having issues with their front (faulty aftermarket switch system) and we were having issues with our rear (turned out to be a partially severed harness). Without question, this had a way of making things... a bit more interesting. :crazyeyes:

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friends Mel and Lisa from EVO for inviting us to this truly amazing wheeling event. We'd also like to thank the good folks at Katemcy Rocks for allowing us to play on their awesome property. Last but not least, we'd like to thank Tom and Kim from PSC, Rachel and Randall from DANA and all the other participants who joined us in the fun. I have to say that Texans really are some of the nicest people we've met anywhere and we truly had a great time with ya'll! :D

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

:cool:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
This is an excellent video. Kind of old school, just missing Moby. Very cool watching OG 40 climb. Had a couple of pucker moments when I thought it was going to drop down and catch a door. Also felt a little ominous every time you stopped the music on GateKeeper, making me anticipate an Oh-Shit moment.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Looks like a great weekend, even though the rock was sticky I bet some of that mud added to an already challenging place!

Oh man, the mud just greased up the otherwise outstanding traction and kicked everything up a notch :crazyeyes:

This is an excellent video. Kind of old school, just missing Moby. Very cool watching OG 40 climb. Had a couple of pucker moments when I thought it was going to drop down and catch a door. Also felt a little ominous every time you stopped the music on GateKeeper, making me anticipate an Oh-Shit moment.

LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the video and the drop in music was done to help give you the full experience of things to come :crazyeyes:

RoninATX

Glad y'all could make it down to Texas, knew it wouldn't disappoint! Good to finally meet y'all in person, too!

DavidDJL69

Great videos again and thanks for doing all the work and sharing them with us. While on a hunting trip to West Texas a few years back, I came to the realization that something like 95% of Texas is privately owned. So to wheel or hunt in Texas does require some “connections” or some “coin.”

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

Nice wheeling! I always thought a gate keeper keeps you from getting into serious trouble as it scares you off if its hard to make it. But in this case it seemed to be the hardest obstacle [emoji16]
Anyway, really cool

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad y'all could make it down to Texas, knew it wouldn't disappoint! Good to finally meet y'all in person, too!

Thank you! It was a pleasure to meet you and yep, had a great time out there :yup:

Great videos again and thanks for doing all the work and sharing them with us. While on a hunting trip to West Texas a few years back, I came to the realization that something like 95% of Texas is privately owned. So to wheel or hunt in Texas does require some “connections” or some “coin.”

This is true. Bigass state but unfortunately, most of it is owned. Bummer.

Nice wheeling! I always thought a gate keeper keeps you from getting into serious trouble as it scares you off if its hard to make it. But in this case it seemed to be the hardest obstacle [emoji16]
Anyway, really cool

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

LOL - oh no. This was definitely just the beginning. We didn't do the rest as it would have taken the rest of the day :crazyeyes:

Wow. What a video. Was interesting to see which obstacles the JT finally met its limitations on!

To be fair, the only real limitation was time. If he kept at it, I can almost guarantee you that Mel would have gotten that JT up. When you're leading a big group, you just have to take everyone else into consideration. :yup:

Will there be a damage report video on Jet Li coming up next? 🤣

Damage report? I don't think we damaged anything :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's good. Looked like your tie rod really took a beating. Also, looks like you're running a Fox ATS. What's the scoop?

More like, our Synergy tie-rod handled the beating well! Super pleased with it :yup:

Regarding the steering stabilizer, we're testing out the new Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS. Similar to the ATS but without the remote reservoir. I won't lie, it's kind of a glorified hydro shock as far as I can tell but it is working well.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! That is so awesome wheeling! Reminded me a little bit of the east coast wheeling I do at Rausch creek. Rocks placed just far enough apart and wet enough to make things difficult lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the video! That is so awesome wheeling! Reminded me a little bit of the east coast wheeling I do at Rausch creek. Rocks placed just far enough apart and wet enough to make things difficult lol

LOL! I could have done without the slick stuff but it was still a lot of fun.

Hey Eddie, how are the bomber sliders and skins holding up?

Getting ready to order some, always had the EVO weld on sliders but like the looks of these.

You can see the kind of abuse we've been putting them through and so far so good.