Thread: Superchips Pulsar

Fresh Catch

Superchips Pulsar

Anyone here have the Pulsar Programmer for their JL. Curious how well it works. Itís pretty new so Iím a little concerned how stable the software is.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Looks cool... the website doesnít get as in depth as I would like as far as options and customization. When I had my JK, I had the Traildash and really liked the Crawl mode. I drive a manual JLU now so the other modes mean nothing to me as I shift it myself. I look forward to more info for sure. Also, Iím not a horsepower guy so ďpowerĒ does nothing for me.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickagomez81 View Post
    Looks cool... the website doesnít get as in depth as I would like as far as options and customization. When I had my JK, I had the Traildash and really liked the Crawl mode. I drive a manual JLU now so the other modes mean nothing to me as I shift it myself. I look forward to more info for sure. Also, Iím not a horsepower guy so ďpowerĒ does nothing for me.

I think it increases HP and torque. Iíll take what I can get after all the weight adds and rolling resistance increase.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    ...I think it increases HP and torque...

I really doubt that.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I really doubt that.

I donít buy HP gains from CAIís and exhaust on most N/A modern vehicles but you donít think that they can get gains from software? They show dyo results but I wonder if thatís only from tuning for higher octane.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    I donít buy HP gains from CAIís and exhaust on most N/A modern vehicles but you donít think that they can get gains from software? They show dyo results but I wonder if thatís only from tuning for higher octane.

Iíd still be skeptical. I know it can be done, but Iíd like to see someone I trust do a before and after dyno test.

A dyno is really the only way to 'prove' gains, but even then it's just a piece of paper showing the perception that your penis got bigger by 5% or 10%. Also if you've ever done a dyno and do 3 runs for example, you can easily get different results each time. Most of the time a manufacturer will of course show the 'best' dyno run if they disclose that information with their product. But of course, anyone who pays for a 'performance upgrade' will always say that it helped regardless and how much 'better' it feels.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    A dyno is really the only way to 'prove' gains, but even then it's just a piece of paper showing the perception that your penis got bigger by 5% or 10%. Also if you've ever done a dyno and do 3 runs for example, you can easily get different results each time. Most of the time a manufacturer will of course show the 'best' dyno run if they disclose that information with their product. But of course, anyone who pays for a 'performance upgrade' will always say that it helped regardless and how much 'better' it feels.
    Of course. They do provide dyno results but there are so many questions that leads to. And because it incorporates throttle response control, of course it will ďfeelĒ faster.