JL Wrangler AXLES - Dana M186 & M210 Front / M200 & M220 Rear

Danny

How much stronger is the m210/m220 Rubicon axles verses the m186/m200 in the Sport. Since the tubes are the same. Im not sure if the C's are the same? The bearings and the R&P are larger. The brakes are larger. Is the fad is probably the same?

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rgk401

How much stronger is the m210/m220 Rubicon axles verses the m186/m200 in the Sport. Since the tubes are the same. Im not sure if the C's are the same? The bearings and the R&P are larger. The brakes are larger. Is the fad is probably the same?

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Honestly I’d say is a little stronger because the tubes are the same thickness,the only downside is that the ring and pinion are bigger or the m220 m210 vs the sport setup “m186/m200. I’m in the same pickle as you. I wanna upgrade to something stronger but don’t know if it worth it. I can buy a PR44 for 5k but still have to add a locker and gears to the m200,so is the m200 worth adding gears and locks. Will it hold up to 37’s [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

donmontalvo

I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport S. Last weekend we swapped out the Dana M186/M200 axles for Dana M210 front and M220 rear.

Not a must, but I ordered Mopar Heavy Duty Brakes, since I'm moving to bigger tires (285s now, moving to 35s).

Locker wiring harnesses, a must, are connected to my sPOD Mini 6, the Jeep is unaware of the lockers.

The rear wheel sensor harness was too short, only found out after first test drive, it snapped out of position.

Jeep was able to replace the harness ($45 plus 1hr labor), and they updated the ECU for the new axles.

Hope this info helps the next person.

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/12/04/more-pre-moabrubicon-mods/

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:

JP223/3USA

I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport S. Last weekend we swapped out the Dana 186/200 axles for Dana 220 front and rear.

Not a must, but I ordered Mopar Heavy Duty Brakes, since I'm moving to bigger tires (285s now, moving to 35s).

Locker wiring harnesses, a must, are connected to my sPOD Mini 6, the Jeep is unaware of the lockers.

The rear wheel sensor harness was too short, only found out after first test drive, it snapped out of position.

Jeep was able to replace the harness ($45 plus 1hr labor), and they updated the ECU for the new axles.

Hope this info helps the next person.

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/12/04/more-pre-moabrubicon-mods/

Thanks,
Don

Welcome to JLWrangler. You definitely have some good upgrades. The dana front Rubicon axles are m210 and the rear are m220.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app