Rusty offroad tire carrier

WhiteMetal

Does anyone have this tire carrier, or have any experience with this company. Looking for carrier and at first was going to go with Evo but then I seen this and like it a bit more. I'm from Canada and this is the first I've heard of Rusty's offroad so not sure on quality, but it says it can hold a 40" tire so I don't know. Any advice appreciated, thanks.Screenshot_20190522-104102~2.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WhiteMetal

They’ve been around a while. What is so different about that than the evo?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I'm just going with what I've seen online, I haven't seen Evo's in person but I like how Rusty's has the brake light inside the spare, the adjustable tire support, and the hing support brace is one piece design instead of 2 separate pieces, those are the only real difference between them that I can tell.

Rustys has been around a long time.They are well known with the XJ crowd.I have a rustys bumper on my XJ and it is good quality and I'm happy with it.

That being said,they are widely considered to be a "lower end brand" such as rough country.If it were me id go with EVO.Motobilt makes a nice one as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks a lot like the EVO tire carrier. I've been running it for a while now and it's been holding up great. Their 3rd brake light bracket isn't anything to write home about so I run a Mopar bracket instead.

WhiteMetal

Rustys has been around a long time.They are well known with the XJ crowd.I have a rustys bumper on my XJ and it is good quality and I'm happy with it.

That being said,they are widely considered to be a "lower end brand" such as rough country.If it were me id go with EVO.Motobilt makes a nice one as well.
Ok thanks, yeah I never got into a jeep till the jk, I liked them just never own one till the jk's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha I know you do Eddie I follow jet alot but I'm liking your sliders and don't want to copy your build.

:cheesy: Isn't that kind of like saying you wouldn't want to by a Jeep because I have one? Regardless of what you do, I say do it because YOU think it's the best money can get and not worry about how much your Jeep will look like someone else's. :yup:

WhiteMetal

:cheesy: Isn't that kind of like saying you wouldn't want to by a Jeep because I have one? Regardless of what you do, I say do it because YOU think it's the best money can get and not worry about how much your Jeep will look like someone else's. :yup:
When your right your right and I do personally think Evo is a cut above the rest. I just figured if Rusty was as good of quality (since I had never heard of them) I'd go that route because sometimes I like to be different. But like most things you suggest I take your word for it cause you've tested it and have proof via video's that I watch.

jtwopark

Might not be a bad idea to explore other options, who knows it might be better! Try it out and let us know. One area I see that evo carrier does not have is the 1/2” thick hinge mount and the hinge reinforcement bracket

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Might not be a bad idea to explore other options, who knows it might be better! Try it out and let us know. One area I see that evo carrier does not have is the 1/2” thick hinge mount and the hinge reinforcement bracket

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Not sure why it'd be needed. I've been running the EVO tire carrier for a while now and with a 37" spare and haven't seen any issues :idontknow: