Wheel size vs lift size

cornhohleo

Excuse me since I’m a complete newb, but I’m thinking of putting a lift on my 2 door Sport S. I’m going to run some 285/70/R17 or 285/75/R17 tires. I’m debating between wether I’m going to put on a 1.5 inch or 2.5 inch lift. With that being said, I plan on leaving the stock flares on and don’t want rubbing, and I also want the tires to stick out an inch, maybe inch and a half. With these 2 lifts in mind, what would be appropriate rim width, offset, backspacing for each of these in order to get that look I want along with no rubbing? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cornhohleo

I currently have -12 offset 17x9 wheels on order but I’m wondering if that will stick out TOO much.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about what your offset should be but factory back spacing is 6.25". Based on what you're saying, you should not run wheels with less than 4.5"-5" of back spacing.

cornhohleo

Not sure about what your offset should be but factory back spacing is 6.25". Based on what you're saying, you should not run wheels with less than 4.5"-5" of back spacing.

The wheels I have on order are -12 with 4.53” of backspacing. Does width of the rim also have anything to do with how far it’ll stick out since they’ll be 9 inches wide?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Danny

Excuse me since I’m a complete newb, but I’m thinking of putting a lift on my 2 door Sport S. I’m going to run some 285/70/R17 or 285/75/R17 tires. I’m debating between wether I’m going to put on a 1.5 inch or 2.5 inch lift. With that being said, I plan on leaving the stock flares on and don’t want rubbing, and I also want the tires to stick out an inch, maybe inch and a half. With these 2 lifts in mind, what would be appropriate rim width, offset, backspacing for each of these in order to get that look I want along with no rubbing? Thanks in advance
1.5" category of lift systems. Lots of 2.5" to choose from.

1. Use Rubicon take offs for 1" lift for a 4 door or 2" lift for a 2 door. Coils and shocks .

2. Use a spacer lift for 1.5 lift from Teraflex. Then you need longer shocks.

3. Skyjacker has a 1.5" kit. Coils and shocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app