Very near future jeep wrangler jlu rubicon owner!!!

Ryanlh33

Howdy Ya'll from Houston, Texas. Have never owned a jeep before but will be purchasing a new Wrangler JLU Rubicon soon. I'm debating on several things right now as I am doing research to ensure that I get the best deal possible. Should I wait for the 2020s in hope that most of the wrinkles that came on the JL are ironed out by then??? Should I go for the new 3.0 turbo diesel or is the 3.6 more than adequate??? I've also read to make sure to have the dealership install the 2 inch Mopar lift kit and 35 inch tires before finalizing the purchase and driving it off the lot. I plan on going on a cross country overland, off road, camping adventure as soon as possible after purchase and would love recommendations on places that are noobie and kid friendly. I will also have my 2 young sons, age 8 and 9, with me. Have not yet chosen a dealership. Any other advice will be tremendously appreciated. Thank you.

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. IMO, as far as the lift and tires, if you're financing, skip it. You can get that later.