Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INSIDE LOOK at CODEX - The Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

CODEX : INSIDE LOOK of the Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

Build Functionality- it gets a 10 out of 10
    Build Aesthetics- it gets a 3 out of 10

Also, I don’t understand the use of the Hellcat powerplant in this thing. Seems mismatched for the builds purpose. So build functionality now gets an 8 out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by GCM 2.0; 05-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Wow just wow. Maybe it looked better on paper. Too bad they just didn’t donate that motor for Mel’s build. That one is gonna make people run from buying a Gladiator.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post

Also, I don’t understand the use of the Hellcat powerplant in this thing. Seems mismatched for the builds purpose. So build functionality now gets an 8 out of 10

Gotta agree here. A Cummins would make a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Gotta agree here. A Cummins would make a lot more sense.
    A torch would work better. Or flame thrower.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

I see dynatrac bought into the “overlanding” lifestyle. Anything with overlanding attached to it is over priced. What happened to going out on the weekend and exploring trails and when you got tired just set up a tent,open the ice chest and have a beer. I guess the company’s see there is a market there to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post

I think Tony said he wanted a prerunner/overlander mashup. But I can’t imaging going through whoops with that camper in the back. I don’t know if the colors and the backdrop are throwing things off, but the rear looks way out of proportion as well. And the hardtop is a mess.

Would love the Hellcat motor but it sags in the rear and looks a bit janky IMHO. Quite a makeover though.

I agree with others about the Overlanding concept. It must be a millennial thing that they just can’t go wheeling and camping but it’s got to be a complicated process that becomes competitive based on how much money someone is willing to spend on it! I’m older but some things in life used to be a whole lot simpler. Plus my tent doesn’t take up nearly as much room!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDJL69 View Post
    I agree with others about the Overlanding concept. It must be a millennial thing that they just can’t go wheeling and camping but it’s got to be a complicated process that becomes competitive based on how much money someone is willing to spend on it! I’m older but some things in life used to be a whole lot simpler. Plus my tent doesn’t take up nearly as much room!
    This is why I resort to backpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    I see dynatrac bought into the “overlanding” lifestyle. Anything with overlanding attached to it is over priced. What happened to going out on the weekend and exploring trails and when you got tired just set up a tent,open the ice chest and have a beer. I guess the company’s see there is a market there to make money.

Actually, Dynatrac has always been there in the adventure world long before it was popular to “be into overlanding”. They have always had axles under what is probably considered one of the USA’s first cult like following by the adventure crowd- The “Sportsmobile”. A Ford F350 4x4 Econoline van with 1 ton Full Float Dynatracs. Do a google search just for images of one. Those things are unicorns, even when one does come up for sale, it’s pretty expensive. Now Sportsmobiles use the Ford Transit Van model, so not sure if Dynatrac still supplies axles. Even from the very first “Overland Expo” in 2009, most of the seriously built rigs, Jeeps, Toyota’s, Vans all were running Dynatrac axles.

Jim and his guys at Dynatrac just missed the target on looks, but they got the function piece down. Heck, for all we know that might be exactly what some Jeep engineer penned for them to build.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast