Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INSIDE LOOK at CODEX - The Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    Actually, Dynatrac has always been there in the adventure world long before it was popular to “be into overlanding”. They have always had axles under what is probably considered one of the USA’s first cult like following by the adventure crowd- The “Sportsmobile”. A Ford F350 4x4 Econoline van with 1 ton Full Float Dynatracs. Do a google search just for images of one. Those things are unicorns, even when one does come up for sale, it’s pretty expensive. Now Sportsmobiles use the Ford Transit Van model, so not sure if Dynatrac still supplies axles. Even from the very first “Overland Expo” in 2009, most of the seriously built rigs, Jeeps, Toyota’s, Vans all were running Dynatrac axles.

Jim and his guys at Dynatrac just missed the target on looks, but they got the function piece down. Heck, for all we know that might be exactly what some Jeep engineer penned for them to build.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It was a complete misfire...if you wanted a badass engine in a shorter wheelbase truck, then make one...if you wanted a functional overlanding vehicle, keep the four doors and bed...

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    While I don't buy into the "lifestyle" I appreciate the utility. I for instance, have to travel 2000 miles west to hit some of these trails, and would love to setup camp, make dinner, etc, and go to bed where I'm at, not have to drive to a town after sunset (which gets tiring) and wake up the next morning, and continue on. I currently do the hotel thing, and it wastes a heap of time having to travel back to town, not to mention energy, and ruins the trip having to waste time getting to town. Having everything organized, accessible, etc, is very appealing, and staying out on trails longer makes the trip more fun. Where I'm with you guys is calling it overlanding and the culture that goes along with it, but I do appreciate the ability to stay out for days at a time while being comfortable. Just my .02 of course. For me, the Wayout concept or Evo's version of the gladiator is great.

Fresh Catch
    I'm always interested in seeing a kind of crazy 2 door.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Not a fan. Dropped the ball on many things. Even Chinese tires. Engine is cool.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Not a fan. Dropped the ball on many things. Even Chinese tires. Engine is cool.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Honestly Iv been seeing everyone running them tires. I wonder if they really good for a long run tire. Time will tell

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Im waiting for a diesel JL or JT, but the duratracs on my JKUR will need replacing soon, and since Im going to trade it in at some point, I was thinking of getting the 315s Patagonias just to try them out, and since I'll be trading it in, I'll be getting them for a good price, walmart has them for $146 a tire. No point on spending them on duratracs if I will be trading the rig in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Honestly Iv been seeing everyone running them tires. I wonder if they really good for a long run tire. Time will tell
    These Milestar tires have been around for YEARS. Hardly anyone ever ran them though. Then all of a sudden about a year ago, rumors started circulating around social media that if you run them it will make your dick tickle. Then suddenly all kinds of internet Jeepers started buying them. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Im waiting for a diesel JL or JT, but the duratracs on my JKUR will need replacing soon, and since Im going to trade it in at some point, I was thinking of getting the 315s Patagonias just to try them out, and since I'll be trading it in, I'll be getting them for a good price, walmart has them for $146 a tire. No point on spending them on duratracs if I will be trading the rig in anyway.
    Walmart has bfg’s for $116 a tire in that size.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    These Milestar tires have been around for YEARS. Hardly anyone ever ran them though. Then all of a sudden about a year ago, rumors started circulating around social media that if you run them it will make your dick tickle. Then suddenly all kinds of internet Jeepers started buying them. True story.
    Well damn the dick tickle part has me interested,but I’ll stick to my nitto trail grapplers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast