TPMS shows dashes

0311B

Hello everyone, I recently had a shop install 35” tires on my JL and they swapped over the original sensors and used their programmer to set the tire location. This worked fine for a day or so then front passenger went to dashes crazy thing is the sensor is still transmitting. The shop didn’t know what else to do so the Jeep is at the dealer and they just now said 3 of the 4 tires are now showing dashes... anyone had this issue with aftermarket rims and tires?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
...and used their programmer to set the tire location.

Can you elaborate? You do not need a programmer to set tire location. The sensors will automatically be detected and assigned to the appropriate corners after a certain amount of driving.

0311B

Right after installation one of the sensors wouldn’t read then the shop “programmed” the sensor to its location and it worked for a day or so then out of the blue multiple sensors stopped working.

Wranglerman

There is no programming TPMS sensors for the JL as they are self learning, I had a similar issue and it came from a negative offset wheel and position of the sensor in the wheel from the module, all my sensors scanned easily but didn’t read so the shop swapped out sensors and they all worked and I sold off the factory ones with my original wheels as we tested them and they all worked.

Not sure that’s your issue but mine worked after going to a different sensor

Wranglerman

My wheels are +1 on the offset, I’ll post what corrects the problem 2nd day now and they have no clue.

Well mine are a -12 offset and the sensors are positioned more towards the outer edge of the wheel, the only explanation the shop could offer was that the original set of sensors even thought the correct frequency and working correctly being read with a handheld scanner were to far out for the modules to read and I have no idea where those are located but with the new sensors all seem to work correctly

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Sounds like the original shop may have goofed up the module with their programming shenanigans. Either way, I hope it's all fixed up now and that you don't have to foot the bill at the dealership