Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPMS shows dashes

TPMS shows dashes

Hello everyone, I recently had a shop install 35Ē tires on my JL and they swapped over the original sensors and used their programmer to set the tire location. This worked fine for a day or so then front passenger went to dashes crazy thing is the sensor is still transmitting. The shop didnít know what else to do so the Jeep is at the dealer and they just now said 3 of the 4 tires are now showing dashes... anyone had this issue with aftermarket rims and tires?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

They mess up the sensors?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

They scanned the sensors and they are working Iím thinking is a problem with the module..

Quote Originally Posted by 0311B View Post
    ...and used their programmer to set the tire location.
    Can you elaborate? You do not need a programmer to set tire location. The sensors will automatically be detected and assigned to the appropriate corners after a certain amount of driving.

Right after installation one of the sensors wouldnít read then the shop ďprogrammedĒ the sensor to its location and it worked for a day or so then out of the blue multiple sensors stopped working.

There is no programming TPMS sensors for the JL as they are self learning, I had a similar issue and it came from a negative offset wheel and position of the sensor in the wheel from the module, all my sensors scanned easily but didnít read so the shop swapped out sensors and they all worked and I sold off the factory ones with my original wheels as we tested them and they all worked.

Not sure thatís your issue but mine worked after going to a different sensor
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

My wheels are +1 on the offset, Iíll post what corrects the problem 2nd day now and they have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by 0311B View Post
    My wheels are +1 on the offset, Iíll post what corrects the problem 2nd day now and they have no clue.

Well mine are a -12 offset and the sensors are positioned more towards the outer edge of the wheel, the only explanation the shop could offer was that the original set of sensors even thought the correct frequency and working correctly being read with a handheld scanner were to far out for the modules to read and I have no idea where those are located but with the new sensors all seem to work correctly
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

Just got a call from the dealer they said the issue was the module they ended up resetting it and supposedly everything is working now. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Sounds like the original shop may have goofed up the module with their programming shenanigans. Either way, I hope it's all fixed up now and that you don't have to foot the bill at the dealership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast