Must-Have Options on JLU Rubicon

Tank

Hi all. I wanted to have your opinions on the must-have options for the JL Unlimited Rubibon. What do you think are those options? Thanks!

13_gecko_rubi

Hi all. I wanted to have your opinions on the must-have options for the JL Unlimited Rubibon. What do you think are those options? Thanks!
That is very subjective to the owner. My take:

1) trailer tow and hd electrical so you get bigger alternator and aux switches
2) led lighting
3) infotainment group so you get 8.4 and premium audio
4) tops, pick which one you want
5) cold weather group so you get heated seats and steering wheel. This is true for cloth or leather
6) steel bumpers. This is questionable on whether u want to wait for aftermarket or just get the factory steel ones

One's that are all up to you
1) leather vs cloth
2) safety group. This includes blind spot and rear backup sensors. In the future if you plan to add body armor in rear with circular type tail lamps I wouldn't get this. Same goes for rear park sensors in the rear bumper but the aftermarket should be able to handle that one.

I thinks that's all of them. Eddie do you remember anything else from when we had thus discussion?

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

2) led lighting
5) cold weather group so you get heated seats and steering wheel. This is true for cloth or leather
6) steel bumpers. This is questionable on whether u want to wait for aftermarket or just get the factory steel ones

1) leather vs cloth
2) safety group. This includes blind spot and rear backup sensors. In the future if you plan to add body armor in rear with circular type tail lamps I wouldn't get this. Same goes for rear park sensors in the rear bumper but the aftermarket should be able to handle that one.

I thinks that's all of them. Eddie do you remember anything else from when we had thus discussion?

I think that about covered what we talked about. The one I didn't know and was really glad you told me was #1, the trailer tow and hd electrical so I would get the bigger alternator and aux switches.

jdpatt12

2) led lighting

1) leather vs cloth

I’d like to have mine set up this way.
Most definitely 1-5.
What do you think the price would be on this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my order sheet...Eddie, Is this similar to yours?

View attachment 620

Just took a look and it's real similar only, we didn't get the following options:
XWX
CWA
CHD

We did get the Alpine Premium audio sound though
RC4

And we got body color fender flares
MM3

I am curious about one thing though. We did get the AEN Dual Top group but don't see HT1 listed on our order sheet and I know we specifically asked for the black 3-piece hard top. :thinking:

JAGS

Good info. Glad some things are finally coming out.

From what's been posted here, only 1-2 are a must.

Am interested to know the differences between the infotainment/nav system options.

I like the option of not having the hideously large tail lights so long as the rear camera is still there. May opt out of the safety package. Wonder if impact airbags are also connected with this package though?

I'm torn on premium soft/hard top vs dual top. Assuming you can just get the premium top by itself.

Leaning aftermarket bumpers so may not do steel.

Man, I just remembered how hard it was buying my first wrangler back in '12. I think the JL purchase is going to be just as difficult. [emoji15]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good info. Glad some things are finally coming out.

From what's been posted here, only 1-2 are a must.

Am interested to know the differences between the infotainment/nav system options.

I like the option of not having the hideously large tail lights so long as the rear camera is still there. May opt out of the safety package. Wonder if impact airbags are also connected with this package though?

I'm torn on premium soft/hard top vs dual top. Assuming you can just get the premium top by itself.

Leaning aftermarket bumpers so may not do steel.

Man, I just remembered how hard it was buying my first wrangler back in '12. I think the JL purchase is going to be just as difficult. [emoji15]

Yeah, we opted out of the safety group and I guess we'll see what all we'll get or won't get without it.

Being that the first set of aftermarket bumpers that come out for the JL will all just be JK bumpers made to fit a it, Cindy and I decided to get the Rubicon steel bumpers as we actually like the look of them especially with the end caps removed. If something we like comes out later, I have little doubt that we could sell what we have. :yup:

JAGS

Yeah, we opted out of the safety group and I guess we'll see what all we'll get or won't get without it.

Being that the first set of aftermarket bumpers that come out for the JL will all just be JK bumpers made to fit a it, Cindy and I decided to get the Rubicon steel bumpers as we actually like the look of them especially with the end caps removed. If something we like comes out later, I have little doubt that we could sell what we have. :yup:

The "10a" style steel bumper is a winner for sure. Especially in the stubby mode. If the price is right, I might consider. It's just not a "must."

I've got to think things will clear up here pretty soon. I'm waiting for the build/price to open up, which then also allows me to secure the best financing.

Piginajeep

The "10a" style steel bumper is a winner for sure. Especially in the stubby mode. If the price is right, I might consider. It's just not a "must."

I've got to think things will clear up here pretty soon. I'm waiting for the build/price to open up, which then also allows me to secure the best financing.

I like the steel front bumper. I’d ran it for sure. I wouldn’t jump to after market fast anyways.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

JAGS

I like the steel front bumper. I’d ran it for sure. I wouldn’t jump to after market fast anyways.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

You're talking to the guy that didn't mod his JK for two years. Lol. I don't think I'll be jumping to anything aftermarket too fast.