Lockers not engaging after re-gearing

SmokyMTNJeepguy

Looking for some help or similar experiences, I just had my 2018 Rubicon re-geared and now the lockers won't engage. The locker indicator flashes but doesn't go steady. Then the light doesn't go off when you push the lockers off button, you have to turn the Jeep off to clear it. Has anyone else had this issue after regearing or have any idea what it could be? Shop is scratching their head. Yukon gears, reprogrammed for the new ratio and they work fine, but no lockers. Thanks.

WizzBang

You might have to do some more investigation but it doesn't sound good.

You could start by checking the fuses first since the stock lockers are electric. If you jumper a battery to the lockers, they should lock. If the installer damaged a wire or didn't get everything connected properly, you might have to have to take the diff covers off and look inside. Check all the wires going to the differentials, make sure everything is plugged in.

SmokyMTNJeepguy

Yeah, it's been there all day. Just hoping somebody else had something similar and had the "yeah do this" answer. I have a trip this weekend we've had planned since January. Sucks.

WhiteMetal

I had this on my jk, when I installed carrier after shimming I didn't open the locker pin engager piece not sure what it's actually called but I bent it a bit, after replacing it and properly installed carrier it all worked again. Sorry I dad at proper names of parts. But here's a picture of the piece I'm talking about. I haven't had my JL regeared yet so not sure if it's a similar part or not.1557804904740.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app