Track Bar Torque Spec

MSUConrad

After adjusting my track bars this weekend, I noticed the torque specs on Eddie's torque spec post show 52lb for the front bolts. I thought my JK was in the 120-125lb range. Does the 52lbs seem off? or is this what others have used with success?

Thanks!

JTCO

Meme King
After adjusting my track bars this weekend, I noticed the torque specs on Eddie's torque spec post show 52lb for the front bolts. I thought my JK was in the 120-125lb range. Does the 52lbs seem off? or is this what others have used with success?

Thanks!

52 ft lbs seems very low. 125 sounds much more accurate. In this link below, Eddie says 125. If the bolt is 14mm thick (which I believe it is), 125 seems right on the money:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...NT-END-ALIGNMENT&p=12269&viewfull=1#post12269

JL_John

Thanks!

I’ve always heard it to be in the 120lb range. I have an aftermarket track bar and the instructions called out 125ft/lbs

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The Quick Reference Guide states 52 + 115°.

"ANGLE CONTROLLED TIGHTENING
A tightening procedure in which a fastener is first tightened by a pre-selected torque (called the snug torque) so that the clamped surfaces are pulled together, and then is further tightened by giving the nut an additional measured rotation. Frequently bolts are tightened beyond their yield point by this method in order to ensure that a precise preload is achieved. Bolts of short length can be elongated too much by this method and the bolt material must be sufficiently ductile to cater for the plastic deformation involved. Because of the bolt being tightened beyond yield, its re-use is limited."
boltscience.com