Thread: JL SPORT - No alarm system?

Fresh Catch

JL SPORT - No alarm system?

I've recently bought my 1st Jeep, a 2019 Sport. After a few weeks of ownership I have found myself thinking that anyone could pop my hood and disable the vehical or even steal parts. This concern will increase as I add modify the Jeep over time. If I had the lock button on my Fob, I wonder if the alarm would work. The Jeep appears to have all the same hood switches and door sensors that are needed for the alarm. Perhaps it only lacks a method of arming or disarming. Any thoughts? I know that Jeeps aren't really the most secure vehicles out there anyway so an alarm system isn't going to stop a determined thief or vandal. Anyway, if I had thought it through a bit more I might have opted for the Sport S instead just to add functionality to this enormous Fob.

Been Around the Block tallguy26's Avatar
    BOLT and Mopar both have a hood lock coming out soon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WizzBang View Post
    I've recently bought my 1st Jeep, a 2019 Sport. After a few weeks of ownership I have found myself thinking that anyone could pop my hood and disable the vehical or even steal parts. This concern will increase as I add modify the Jeep over time. If I had the lock button on my Fob, I wonder if the alarm would work. The Jeep appears to have all the same hood switches and door sensors that are needed for the alarm. Perhaps it only lacks a method of arming or disarming. Any thoughts? I know that Jeeps aren't really the most secure vehicles out there anyway so an alarm system isn't going to stop a determined thief or vandal. Anyway, if I had thought it through a bit more I might have opted for the Sport S instead just to add functionality to this enormous Fob.
    If you get the tazer you can set up alarm for the hood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I also recommend checking your insurance policy to see how much aftermarket is covered. I use USAA and they only cover 5 grand standard. You can up the coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMetal View Post
    If you get the tazer you can set up alarm for the hood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Really I didnít know that. Iím going to have to look into the tazer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by WizzBang View Post
    Your Sport doesnt have the alarm module in it. If you want alarm you'll have to buy an aftermarket one.

Sent via....

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for sharing this information. Hood locks might be in my near future then. I also have USAA and didn't know about the 5k policy on aftermarket parts. I'll have to address that when I get new wheels and tires.