JL SPORT - No alarm system?

WizzBang

I've recently bought my 1st Jeep, a 2019 Sport. After a few weeks of ownership I have found myself thinking that anyone could pop my hood and disable the vehical or even steal parts. This concern will increase as I add modify the Jeep over time. If I had the lock button on my Fob, I wonder if the alarm would work. The Jeep appears to have all the same hood switches and door sensors that are needed for the alarm. Perhaps it only lacks a method of arming or disarming. Any thoughts? I know that Jeeps aren't really the most secure vehicles out there anyway so an alarm system isn't going to stop a determined thief or vandal. Anyway, if I had thought it through a bit more I might have opted for the Sport S instead just to add functionality to this enormous Fob.

WhiteMetal

I've recently bought my 1st Jeep, a 2019 Sport. After a few weeks of ownership I have found myself thinking that anyone could pop my hood and disable the vehical or even steal parts. This concern will increase as I add modify the Jeep over time. If I had the lock button on my Fob, I wonder if the alarm would work. The Jeep appears to have all the same hood switches and door sensors that are needed for the alarm. Perhaps it only lacks a method of arming or disarming. Any thoughts? I know that Jeeps aren't really the most secure vehicles out there anyway so an alarm system isn't going to stop a determined thief or vandal. Anyway, if I had thought it through a bit more I might have opted for the Sport S instead just to add functionality to this enormous Fob.
If you get the tazer you can set up alarm for the hood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Your Sport doesnt have the alarm module in it. If you want alarm you'll have to buy an aftermarket one.

Sent via....

WizzBang

Thanks for sharing this information. Hood locks might be in my near future then. I also have USAA and didn't know about the 5k policy on aftermarket parts. I'll have to address that when I get new wheels and tires.