Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: What are the weak links in the Rubicon JL drivetrain?

  1. #11
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Didn't know that. I've heard of a few others breaking from normal use (of course that was their statement). This picture was the easiest one that I could find here.
    Iím sure itís possible but Iv watched wayalife videos from the Jlx and they didnít have any problems. But I mean anything can break just depends on how hard you push it.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #12
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
    So the stock Rubicon is indestructible?
    Donít think thatís at all what I said. Just said you could save your money.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  3. #13
    Fresh Catch Hoffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Nor Cal Foothills
    Posts
    17
    Update to original question since no one can or will answer it

    Lets say what would normal breakage on a hard MOAB trail (Pritchet canyon comes to mind) on stock drivetrain with a non idiot driver

    Alternative question although similar ...

    What is the a list of things that will break in order of weakness running 37's on a stock a Rubicon JL

    front axles?
    driveshafts?
    rear axles?

    If you don't know or don't want to answer a direct question please do not reply

  4. #14
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    725
    I donít know


    2019 MP
    2012 JK8
    1989 YJ Sahara
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

  5. #15
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
    Update to original question since no one can or will answer it

    Lets say what would normal breakage on a hard MOAB trail (Pritchet canyon comes to mind) on stock drivetrain with a non idiot driver

    Alternative question although similar ...

    What is the a list of things that will break in order of weakness running 37's on a stock a Rubicon JL

    front axles?
    driveshafts?
    rear axles?

    If you don't know or don't want to answer a direct question please do not reply
    We donít know what the weak linksís are on the jl. The damn thing is so new itís only been out a year. You coming here and ask a question and we donít answer it directly people get bent out of shape. Honestly we donít know what will break first. Front drive shaft,rear drive shaft,rear axles or a t-case. WE SIMPLY DONíT FUCKING KNOW. There are plenty of people that have a Jl rubicon and wheel the shit out of it and havenít had any problems. Itís just depends on the driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #16
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
    Update to original question since no one can or will answer it

    Lets say what would normal breakage on a hard MOAB trail (Pritchet canyon comes to mind) on stock drivetrain with a non idiot driver

    Alternative question although similar ...

    What is the a list of things that will break in order of weakness running 37's on a stock a Rubicon JL

    front axles?
    driveshafts?
    rear axles?

    If you don't know or don't want to answer a direct question please do not reply
    Do you want the winning lotto numbers too?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  7. #17
    Hooked GCM 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    150

    What are the weak links in the Rubicon JL drivetrain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    .....Iíve watched wayalife videos from the Jlx and they didnít have any problems.....
    Yes there were problems on the JLX, there will always be problems when you get that many people and rigs together with varying levels of vehicle builds (and more importantly, levels of driving talent). Some stock parts were broken and some aftermarket, things were fixed either on the trail, in Melís garage or in parking lots at a hotel at the end of the day and even sometimes in the morning before lining the Jeeps up to head off for the day. The biggest failure was a front axle u-joints, but the guy was running 40Ēs on factory Rubicon axles. Never, ever advised to do, especially on a JLX/JKX. Most of the other stuff showing problems were electronic in nature.

  8. #18
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    We donít know what the weak linksís are on the jl. The damn thing is so new itís only been out a year. You coming here and ask a question and we donít answer it directly people get bent out of shape. Honestly we donít know what will break first. Front drive shaft,rear drive shaft,rear axles or a t-case. WE SIMPLY DONíT FUCKING KNOW. There are plenty of people that have a Jl rubicon and wheel the shit out of it and havenít had any problems. Itís just depends on the driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Accurate answer. ^

    Hopefully this guy won't pop a cork if the question CAN'T be accurately answered due to not enough knowledge or experience on a somewhat newer vehicle.

  9. #19
    Fresh Catch Hoffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Nor Cal Foothills
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    We donít know what the weak linksís are on the jl. The damn thing is so new itís only been out a year. You coming here and ask a question and we donít answer it directly people get bent out of shape. Honestly we donít know what will break first. Front drive shaft,rear drive shaft,rear axles or a t-case. WE SIMPLY DONíT FUCKING KNOW. There are plenty of people that have a Jl rubicon and wheel the shit out of it and havenít had any problems. Itís just depends on the driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I can take that as an answer. Thank you

    I'm not bent out of shape at all. The 1st post seemed pretty straight forward. This post would pretty much have answered it very simply.

  10. #20
    Fresh Catch Hoffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Nor Cal Foothills
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    Yes there were problems on the JLX, there will always be problems when you get that many people and rigs together with varying levels of vehicle builds (and more importantly, levels of driving talent). Some stock parts were broken and some aftermarket, things were fixed either on the trail, in Melís garage or in parking lots at a hotel at the end of the day and even sometimes in the morning before lining the Jeeps up to head off for the day. The biggest failure was a front axle u-joints, but the guy was running 40Ēs on factory Rubicon axles. Never, ever advised to do, especially on a JLX/JKX. Most of the other stuff showing problems were electronic in nature.
    Thanks for the reply

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •