New lift questions

Blue_Meany

Just installed the Rancho 2” kit. Looks fantastic, especially with the new wheels and tires. But, I the rear passenger spring is clunking under load. I made sure it is seated properly. It is. Those rear isolators are a pain in a**. The spring is actually clanking against itself on the top 2-3 coils. After the settle will it fix itself?

IMG_3041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Call Tech on this
734-384-7804.
My thought is the correct coils in their place?

Just installed the Rancho 2” kit. Looks fantastic, especially with the new wheels and tires. But, I the rear passenger spring is clunking under load. I made sure it is seated properly. It is. Those rear isolators are a pain in a**. The spring is actually clanking against itself on the top 2-3 coils. After the settle will it fix itself?

View attachment 11036

DNorman

View attachment 11036

I just finished this lift myself, the passenger rear spring was a pain in the ass. I eventually had to RTV the isolator because it kept coming out of position. Did you check to see if the isolater is installed and clocked correctly? I also had to use a spring compressor on this spring because the gas tank was interfering with the spring when I had dropped the axle down low enough for everything to fit

DudeBro

I had a similar problem when installing my lift. Check the isolators. What happened with mine was the rubber nub on top of the isolator worked it's way out of it's hole as I was forcing the spring on. It wouldn't sit flat and pushed the spring against the spring bucket (is that the proper term?) Causing a clank when I went over bumps and making my Jeep handle like crap. I'm guessing you might have a similar problem?

Blue_Meany

The nub is definitely in there. I’ll have to check it again and make sure it is rotated and the spring is seated just right. The clink is definitely coming from that area, specifically the top portion of the coil. I’ll tear it down and reinstall tonight and report back.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The nub is definitely in there. I’ll have to check it again and make sure it is rotated and the spring is seated just right. The clink is definitely coming from that area, specifically the top portion of the coil. I’ll tear it down and reinstall tonight and report back.

Have you ever tried the one Jack stand method? It makes installing the rear coils really easy

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Blue_Meany

I just finished this lift myself, the passenger rear spring was a pain in the ass. I eventually had to RTV the isolator because it kept coming out of position. Did you check to see if the isolater is installed and clocked correctly? I also had to use a spring compressor on this spring because the gas tank was interfering with the spring when I had dropped the axle down low enough for everything to fit

Good call on the spring compressor. Reinstalled the passenger rear this morning with the aid of a compressor and going super slow to make sure the spring seated super snug in the isolator. Problem solved!!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

JTCO

Meme King
I also had to use a spring compressor on this spring because the gas tank was interfering with the spring when I had dropped the axle down low enough for everything to fit

Good call on the spring compressor. Reinstalled the passenger rear this morning with the aid of a compressor and going super slow to make sure the spring seated super snug in the isolator. Problem solved!!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Glad you guys got the issue fixed.

I'm only bringing this up for safety's sake for people who have never used a coil spring compressor. Be careful as fuck. This tool could seriously injure or kill you if not used correctly.

Ski

I would also like to know what size tire you have on your Jeep. Are those beadlock wheels or just designed to look like them and what model are they? Your Jeep looks great!

Blue_Meany

Glad you guys got the issue fixed.

I'm only bringing this up for safety's sake for people who have never used a coil spring compressor. Be careful as fuck. This tool could seriously injure or kill you if not used correctly.

Oh for sure. I’ve used them in the past. They’re helpful, but can also be your worst enemy if your not careful. [emoji106]