Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lift questions

New lift questions

Just installed the Rancho 2Ē kit. Looks fantastic, especially with the new wheels and tires. But, I the rear passenger spring is clunking under load. I made sure it is seated properly. It is. Those rear isolators are a pain in a**. The spring is actually clanking against itself on the top 2-3 coils. After the settle will it fix itself?

IMG_3041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Supporting Advertiser

Wink

Call Tech on this
    734-384-7804.
    My thought is the correct coils in their place?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Meany View Post
    Just installed the Rancho 2Ē kit. Looks fantastic, especially with the new wheels and tires. But, I the rear passenger spring is clunking under load. I made sure it is seated properly. It is. Those rear isolators are a pain in a**. The spring is actually clanking against itself on the top 2-3 coils. After the settle will it fix itself?

IMG_3041.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks View Post
    Call Tech on this
    734-384-7804.
    My thought is the correct coils in their place?
    Will do. They are firmly seated in the top isolator and the bottom perch. Iíll give them a call.

Fresh Catch

IMG_3041.jpg

I just finished this lift myself, the passenger rear spring was a pain in the ass. I eventually had to RTV the isolator because it kept coming out of position. Did you check to see if the isolater is installed and clocked correctly? I also had to use a spring compressor on this spring because the gas tank was interfering with the spring when I had dropped the axle down low enough for everything to fit

Fresh Catch
    I had a similar problem when installing my lift. Check the isolators. What happened with mine was the rubber nub on top of the isolator worked it's way out of it's hole as I was forcing the spring on. It wouldn't sit flat and pushed the spring against the spring bucket (is that the proper term?) Causing a clank when I went over bumps and making my Jeep handle like crap. I'm guessing you might have a similar problem?

The nub is definitely in there. Iíll have to check it again and make sure it is rotated and the spring is seated just right. The clink is definitely coming from that area, specifically the top portion of the coil. Iíll tear it down and reinstall tonight and report back.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    The nub is definitely in there. Iíll have to check it again and make sure it is rotated and the spring is seated just right. The clink is definitely coming from that area, specifically the top portion of the coil. Iíll tear it down and reinstall tonight and report back.

Have you ever tried the one Jack stand method? It makes installing the rear coils really easy

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Have you ever tried the one Jack stand method? It makes installing the rear coils really easy

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Iím pretty sure thatís what I did this morning in attempt to fix it. But, no.

Quote Originally Posted by DNorman View Post
    I just finished this lift myself, the passenger rear spring was a pain in the ass. I eventually had to RTV the isolator because it kept coming out of position. Did you check to see if the isolater is installed and clocked correctly? I also had to use a spring compressor on this spring because the gas tank was interfering with the spring when I had dropped the axle down low enough for everything to fit

Good call on the spring compressor. Reinstalled the passenger rear this morning with the aid of a compressor and going super slow to make sure the spring seated super snug in the isolator. Problem solved!!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Fresh Catch
    Hey Blue what size tires are those in your picture??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast