Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : CODEX - Building a 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Overland Truck with a HELLCAT

Cool VIDEO : CODEX - Building a 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Overland Truck with a HELLCAT

In what's sure to be a sea of big and built up Jeep JT Gladiators coming from just about every manufacturer and vendor out there, Dynatrac decided to take a different approach to the problem of, how to stand out in a crowd. Sure, the ultimate goal was to get theirs sitting on a set of ProRock axles, 40" tires and even get a Hellcat HEMI under the hood but to really set it apart from the rest, that would require something a bit more dramatic. In this short video, you'll get to see what it took to transform a bone stock Gladiator into CODEX, a 2-door extra cab overland pickup truck and with 717 horses under the hood.

I should note that this video only covers Stages 1 and 2. Essentially, the chopping of the body and frame, the installation of a supercharged 6.2L Hellcat HEMI, the mounting of a Patriot Camper PCOR box, the wrapping of the body by Sticky Finger Designs and the installation of Rhino Rack roof racks. All this was done to get CODEX out to the 2019 Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ and in just a nick of time. The 3rd and final stage will resume soon after and that will include the installation of a Rock Krawler suspension system, Dynatrac XD60 front axle, ProRock 80 rear axle and 40" tires and all at the hands of Savvy Off Road.

Please let us know what you think of the video and the build!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Pretty Cool....

I stick with my original post from the other CODEX thread.

- A win in the function over form category.

-Aesthetically not the most pleasing thing to look at, but once you would arrive at the campsite with all that functional comfort, I am certain you would quickly forget about its weird "Australian Roots Looking" build.

Been Around the Block
    damn, from showroom to chopping and a whole lot of work done fast!

Looks more like a stretched JL than a chopped JT but that may be because the bed is non-existent and replaced with the Aussi looking back end

The hemi is cool but I have to agree I'm not feeling the Aussi color scheme and overland look so much.

Caught the Bug
    That thing is made to wheel Morroco, Mali Niger Chad and across to Egypt by the desert ...Alas it is a bit iffy-to say the least to do it now (well Morroco ok-ish).....
    V6 Diesel JL SWB???? If available in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    That thing is made to wheel Morroco, Mali Niger Chad and across to Egypt by the desert ...Alas it is a bit iffy-to say the least to do it now (well Morroco ok-ish).....
    Mali, Niger, and Chad? I will stick with my inconspicuous armored Toyota Land Cruiser there.
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

I can appreciate the video and quality, the build though, just not sure why on any of it.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

I found a pic of Dynatracs next overland project:

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    I stick with my original post from the other CODEX thread.

- A win in the function over form category.

-Aesthetically not the most pleasing thing to look at, but once you would arrive at the campsite with all that functional comfort, I am certain you would quickly forget about its weird "Australian Roots Looking" build.
    The function of the PCOR box is there for sure but I personally missed the point of chopping the frame even more so than the body. It would seem to me that a longer wheel base would be a benefit at least in terms of ride quality and towing capacity if nothing else. Sure, the 36 gallon gas tank is nice to have but being that range is an issue, I would have thought adding something like it in addition to the factory gas tank would have made a lot more sense. Also, for all the effort that went into carrying so much gear, I would think that having extra room in the cab would be helpful as well but then, that's just me. Clearly, this was Tony's vision and not mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    damn, from showroom to chopping and a whole lot of work done fast!

Looks more like a stretched JL than a chopped JT but that may be because the bed is non-existent and replaced with the Aussi looking back end

The hemi is cool but I have to agree I'm not feeling the Aussi color scheme and overland look so much.
    For all that was done, I think it might have been easier to start with a 2-door JL and work the other way around. But then, that's just me.

Great coverage. It was really cool seeing all the different companies doing their thing on this build.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    I can appreciate the video and quality, the build though, just not sure why on any of it.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    It's funny because if you look at the comments on our YouTube channel, pretty much everyone there loves this build. Here on JLWRANGLER and WAYALIFE, not so much.

Me personally, I'm glad that we got a chance to cover the build and appreciate the fact that everyone has their own idea of how to build up a Jeep or should I say, chop one up but like you, I can't say I'm a fan. Of course, that's just me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast