Does anyone care?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Decal1214

We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rgk401

We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

Thanks in advance.

Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again I’d go rancho or evo 3’

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Decal1214

Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again I’d go rancho or evo 3’

I appreciate the reply but I think you missed the point of my post.
I dont want to spend $800+ for a lift kit when i wont use it for it's intended purpose. Why wouldnt I spend $200-$300 for the same end result?
I would prefer to stay on the topic of Rubicon take offs + small spacers and NOT make this post into a suggestion of different lift kits.

drhcobra

My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4” spacers. I think It got him to 2”or pretty close. He is running 33” tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35’s would be fine for road driving and light trails.

drhcobra

My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4” spacers. I think It got him to 2”or pretty close. He is running 33” tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35’s would be fine for road driving and light trails.

Decal1214

Do you know what setup the Rubicon had that he got the takeoffs from? Apparently they are different depending on things like plastic or steel bumper. Soft or hard top. If it had the tow package. Etc. The springs had different spring rates and lengths.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. Go back and read my original post again. Then either reply with relevant information or dont comment at all. What a waste of a thread.

Looking for factory ride quality with factory parts. Hmm, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’ll feel..... factory?

You started this thread not me. Go spend $150 for the rubi suspension. It’ll feel “stock” (which isn’t even good) and you’ll get the “lift” you think. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Decal1214

Looking for factory ride quality with factory parts. Hmm, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’ll feel..... factory?

You started this thread not me. Go spend $150 for the rubi suspension. It’ll feel “stock” (which isn’t even good) and you’ll get the “lift” you think. Good luck.

I know I did. And you were ruining it with your condescending attitude. Thanks for reading it again and answering my question. But I think I'll wait for someone who has actually done it.

benatc1

Don't get so butthurt by other people 's thoughts and opinions. Maybe you should just look at Rubicon fenders to get that clearance. Seems like alot of wasted time and money to guess if it'll work or hope your ride will still be the same with different rated springs. Side note, Personally I've liked a couple lifts ride quality better than factory, maybe you will too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Decal1214

Don't get so butthurt by other people 's thoughts and opinions. Maybe you should just look at Rubicon fenders to get that clearance. Seems like alot of wasted time and money to guess if it'll work or hope your ride will still be the same with different rated springs. Side note, Personally I've liked a couple lifts ride quality better than factory, maybe you will too.

I wasnt butthurt over someones opinions. I was annoyed with peoples disregard for what I even asked. It's my time and money, and I think it would be a lot of wasted money to spend 4 times as much on a lift for no reason. So I ask a simple question and people who cant read or just ignore it decide to tell me what I should do. If I wanted the opinion of what lift to put on, I would have asked. But I dont, so I didnt. So again, unless you have out a Rubicon take off setup on a sport S with spacers, you have nothing of value to add to this.

benatc1

I actually did this in my JK years ago. Make sure you get 4 door Rubicon ones to get the most gain. I personally thought it rode like shit, so I bought a terrorflex lift, which was actually worse- so don't do that..But I'll have 4 door Rubicon springs and shocks to sell you next week if you'd like.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I wasnt butthurt over someones opinions. I was annoyed with peoples disregard for what I even asked. It's my time and money, and I think it would be a lot of wasted money to spend 4 times as much on a lift for no reason. So I ask a simple question and people who cant read or just ignore it decide to tell me what I should do. If I wanted the opinion of what lift to put on, I would have asked. But I dont, so I didnt. So again, unless you have out a Rubicon take off setup on a sport S with spacers, you have nothing of value to add to this.

Lol you are making friends left and right. I’ll put $20 on it that you will not get an answer to your question because you are a dickhead.

benatc1

Right, but people on this forum do know stuff even if they haven't personally ran it. Years of experience and lots of friends who have done many combinations of things, so don't rule them out just because they don't personally have it or tell you what you seem to want to hear. Overlander can certainly be a dick but he knows his shit. He actually takes pride in that- being a dick that is..

Decal1214

I actually did this in my JK years ago. Make sure you get 4 door Rubicon ones to get the most gain. I personally thought it rode like shit, so I bought a terrorflex lift, which was actually worse- so don't do that..But I'll have 4 door Rubicon springs and shocks to sell you next week if you'd like.

Thank you for actually answering my question. I have seen a lot of how tos and info on rubi take offs but nobody actually gave a review of the ride quality afterwards. Contrary to the smartass commenters beliefs, my mind isnt set and the ride quality is a big factor in it. Thank you again