View Poll Results: Does anyone care?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: At this point Im just going to try to get kicked off this useless forum haha

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36

    At this point Im just going to try to get kicked off this useless forum haha

    We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
    I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
    I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
    Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

    Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
    I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
    I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
    Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

    Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again Iíd go rancho or evo 3í


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again Iíd go rancho or evo 3í


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I appreciate the reply but I think you missed the point of my post.
    I dont want to spend $800+ for a lift kit when i wont use it for it's intended purpose. Why wouldnt I spend $200-$300 for the same end result?
    I would prefer to stay on the topic of Rubicon take offs + small spacers and NOT make this post into a suggestion of different lift kits.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again Iíd go rancho or evo 3í


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Iím sorry I was trying to help.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    Look more ignorant irrelevant comments to waste time. Glad you can be here to introduce absolutely zero intelligent and useful content to this topic.
    Oh, and in the meantime, here's this. You are welcome!

    1.jpg




    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Iím sorry I was trying to help.
    You have nothing to be sorry for. You tried to point this guy in the right direction.

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Oh, and in the meantime, here's this. You are welcome!

    1.jpg






    You have nothing to be sorry for. You tried to point this guy in the right direction.
    Thanks but on the app for some reason it thinks you are an admin too. Must have all the smartasses on the page as admins for some reason. 20190509_084406.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    Thanks but on the app for some reason it thinks you are an admin too. Must have all the smartasses on the page as admins for some reason.
    Guess you're stuck with us then.

  8. #8
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    346
    My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4Ē spacers. I think It got him to 2Ēor pretty close. He is running 33Ē tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35ís would be fine for road driving and light trails.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4Ē spacers. I think It got him to 2Ēor pretty close. He is running 33Ē tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35ís would be fine for road driving and light trails.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Do you know what setup the Rubicon had that he got the takeoffs from? Apparently they are different depending on things like plastic or steel bumper. Soft or hard top. If it had the tow package. Etc. The springs had different spring rates and lengths.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    Do you know what setup the Rubicon had that he got the takeoffs from? Apparently they are different depending on things like plastic or steel bumper. Soft or hard top. If it had the tow package. Etc. The springs had different spring rates and lengths.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    No, he doesnít have that info. Iím pretty sure he got about 1 1/4Ē of lift from the swap, then added the spacers.
    Itís the silver Jeep in the picture. Again, itís a JL sport with a rubicon suspension, 3/4Ē spacers, and 33Ē tires.
    IMG_0752.JPG



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •