View Poll Results: Does anyone care?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: At this point Im just going to try to get kicked off this useless forum haha

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36

    At this point Im just going to try to get kicked off this useless forum haha

    We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
    I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
    I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
    Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

    Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    We picked up our 2019 JL Sport S last Monday and have been looking over all the lift options. Honestly we wont be wheeling it much at all. Maybe once a year we will take it on some trails but mostly it will be a mall crawler. I'm ok with admitting that. We do however want to fit 35s with no issues and definitely like the look.
    I have a guy near me with JL Rubicon take off springs and shocks for $150. That should give us about 1.5-2.0 inches(seems to be a lot of different measurements from people).
    I have been told that it will then fit 35s with no issues. But for the look, I would then add 1/2 to 1 inch spacers as well.
    Our goal is to keep factory ride quality but have the look of a 2" lift with 35s.

    Anyone do the same and if so have any reviews of the ride quality?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again Id go rancho or evo 3


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Dynatrac, evo mfg or rancho with the rs9000 shocks is the best option. I have rock krawler but if I had to do it again Id go rancho or evo 3


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I appreciate the reply but I think you missed the point of my post.
    I dont want to spend $800+ for a lift kit when i wont use it for it's intended purpose. Why wouldnt I spend $200-$300 for the same end result?
    I would prefer to stay on the topic of Rubicon take offs + small spacers and NOT make this post into a suggestion of different lift kits.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4 spacers. I think It got him to 2or pretty close. He is running 33 tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35s would be fine for road driving and light trails.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4 spacers. I think It got him to 2or pretty close. He is running 33 tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35s would be fine for road driving and light trails.



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    My friend put a rubicon suspension on his JL sport. A week later he added 3/4 spacers. I think It got him to 2or pretty close. He is running 33 tires on his stock wheels. I think with the right wheels or wheel spacers 35s would be fine for road driving and light trails.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Do you know what setup the Rubicon had that he got the takeoffs from? Apparently they are different depending on things like plastic or steel bumper. Soft or hard top. If it had the tow package. Etc. The springs had different spring rates and lengths.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,224
    You wont get the amount of lift you think you will. But sounds like your mind is made up. Go for it.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    You wont get the amount of lift you think you will. But sounds like your mind is made up. Go for it.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I didnt ask for opinions on weather or not to do it. I asked for reviews of people who have done it and what the ride quality was like. So yeah... mind isnt made up but thanks for the useless reply.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal1214 View Post
    I didnt ask for opinions on weather or not to do it. I asked for reviews of people who have done it and what the ride quality was like. So yeah... mind isnt made up but thanks for the useless reply.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Lol okay. You got this all figured out.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Lol okay. You got this all figured out.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. Go back and read my original post again. Then either reply with relevant information or dont comment at all. What a waste of a thread.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •