Does anyone care?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drhcobra

Do you know what setup the Rubicon had that he got the takeoffs from? Apparently they are different depending on things like plastic or steel bumper. Soft or hard top. If it had the tow package. Etc. The springs had different spring rates and lengths.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No, he doesn’t have that info. I’m pretty sure he got about 1 1/4” of lift from the swap, then added the spacers.
It’s the silver Jeep in the picture. Again, it’s a JL sport with a rubicon suspension, 3/4” spacers, and 33” tires.
IMG_0752.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Decal1214

Right, but people on this forum do know stuff even if they haven't personally ran it. Years of experience and lots of friends who have done many combinations of things, so don't rule them out just because they don't personally have it or tell you what you seem to want to hear. Overlander can certainly be a dick but he knows his shit. He actually takes pride in that- being a dick that is..

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
That's fine and I dont have a problem with that. I do however have a problem with people ignoring what I ask and pushing their beliefs on me. If he has ran the setup I ask or knows about it, then he should have told me so and explained his experience with ride quality. Again, I asked a specific question for a reason.

benatc1

That's fine and I dont have a problem with that. I do however have a problem with people ignoring what I ask and pushing their beliefs on me. If he has ran the setup I ask or knows about it, then he should have told me so and explained his experience with ride quality. Again, I asked a specific question for a reason.

It's the internet and a forum, your going to get all kinds of responses, and really its probably just people trying to help you in their own way even if its not what your looking for. Probably better to just ignore them.

If your going to do it, just go for it and let us know how it goes. Maybe you can then help someone down the road, and they can learn from your failures or success. I wished I joined Wayalife before I did, would have saved alot of $ by not buying things I didn't need.

Decal1214

Aww you were gonna block me? That’s hurtful.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Yes I was. I dont usually try to engage in conversation with someone who calls me a dickhead. And who doesnt pay when they lose a bet.

I'll go ahead and spell this whole thing out for those that read this far into it.

I have looked into every lift available for JLs believe me. I have researched and checked local dealers and prices ect. I have been told to run a 2" rough country with shock extenders or a Evo or a Mopar or you name it. I also know that a $1000+ lift will probably ride just as well if not better than stock.
I also know that as well as stock is all I need. And that 2.5" is 2.5" regardless of how you get there.
I was asking about Rubi take offs PLUS spacers. I know that the take offs wont give me 2.5". But if I add a 1" or 1.5" spacer it will. And I can do that for WAY less than any of the lift kits that people suggest.
So when I ask if anyone has done what i ask, it's not because I dont know of anything else, but because I am researching this specific method of reaching 2.5" of lift.
And because if the ride quality of rubi take offs and a 1" spacer are as good as stock, then to me it's good enough for what I am trying to accomplish, and I can save a ton of money to go towards wheels and tires.
On the other hand, if someone has real experience with said method and says it rides like shit, etc. Then I wont go that route, and will instead go with a more expensive route. But until I get the answer to my question, no amount of "run this lift" or "why would you do that", will change my question.

benatc1

What about just a 2" spacer. Get the height you want and you know your ride quality will remain exactly the same. Eliminate the concern of take offs with different spring rates changing ride quality

Decal1214

What about just a 2" spacer. Get the height you want and you know your ride quality will remain exactly the same. Eliminate the concern of take offs with different spring rates changing ride quality

2" isnt enough for the look I want. And anything more that without changing shocks will definently change ride quality