Fender Flares

mrcruise04

I am thinking of adding a set of Jeep Fender Flares to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. What brand can you recommend? Bushwacker or Smittyb

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't recommend either, honestly. Both are budget brands. And both are known for sloppy fitment and relatively poor durability. There are several brands that manufacture good steel fenders. If you want flexible fenders, MCE told me they'll have JL fenders available by June of July.

2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.

JTCO

Meme King
I am thinking of adding a set of Jeep Fender Flares to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. What brand can you recommend? Bushwacker or Smittyb

I've had good luck with Bushwhackers in the past, but they're expensive. If I had a JL, I wouldn't touch the fenders except remove the inner liners. Aftermarket flares are too fricking expensive IMO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend either, honestly. Both are budget brands. And both are known for sloppy fitment and relatively poor durability. There are several brands that manufacture good steel fenders. If you want flexible fenders, MCE told me they'll have JL fenders available by June of July.

2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.

Smittybilt is definitely NOT a brand I would recommend but I've installed a few Bushwacker fenders in the past on a few different Jeeps and the fitment of them was spot on. In fact, they always looked factory once installed. As far as steel fenders go, there's no way I would ever run a set of them being that they'll actually CAUSE body damage with a hard enough hit. This is something I have seen time and time again. MCE is a nice option but pricey.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Smittybilt is definitely NOT a brand I would recommend but I've installed a few Bushwacker fenders in the past on a few different Jeeps and the fitment of them was spot on. In fact, they always looked factory once installed. As far as steel fenders go, there's no way I would ever run a set of them being that they'll actually CAUSE body damage with a hard enough hit. This is something I have seen time and time again. MCE is a nice option but pricey.
Mce are nice, but way expensive. Plus I don't know how they are going to incorporate the lights.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app