Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fender Flares

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    7

    Fender Flares

    I am thinking of adding a set of Jeep Fender Flares to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. What brand can you recommend? Bushwacker or Smittyb
    Last edited by WJCO; 05-07-2019 at 03:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block Jeepers Creeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    269
    I wouldn't recommend either, honestly. Both are budget brands. And both are known for sloppy fitment and relatively poor durability. There are several brands that manufacture good steel fenders. If you want flexible fenders, MCE told me they'll have JL fenders available by June of July.

    2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.

  3. #3
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcruise04 View Post
    I am thinking of adding a set of Jeep Fender Flares to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. What brand can you recommend? Bushwacker or Smittyb
    I've had good luck with Bushwhackers in the past, but they're expensive. If I had a JL, I wouldn't touch the fenders except remove the inner liners. Aftermarket flares are too fricking expensive IMO.

  4. #4
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcruise04 View Post
    I am thinking of adding a set of Jeep Fender Flares to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. What brand can you recommend? Bushwacker or Smittyb
    I watched a video on the bushwhackers, I liked that you can still use your factory inner fender liners.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers Creeper View Post
    I wouldn't recommend either, honestly. Both are budget brands. And both are known for sloppy fitment and relatively poor durability. There are several brands that manufacture good steel fenders. If you want flexible fenders, MCE told me they'll have JL fenders available by June of July.

    2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.
    Smittybilt is definitely NOT a brand I would recommend but I've installed a few Bushwacker fenders in the past on a few different Jeeps and the fitment of them was spot on. In fact, they always looked factory once installed. As far as steel fenders go, there's no way I would ever run a set of them being that they'll actually CAUSE body damage with a hard enough hit. This is something I have seen time and time again. MCE is a nice option but pricey.

  6. #6
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Smittybilt is definitely NOT a brand I would recommend but I've installed a few Bushwacker fenders in the past on a few different Jeeps and the fitment of them was spot on. In fact, they always looked factory once installed. As far as steel fenders go, there's no way I would ever run a set of them being that they'll actually CAUSE body damage with a hard enough hit. This is something I have seen time and time again. MCE is a nice option but pricey.
    Mce are nice, but way expensive. Plus I don't know how they are going to incorporate the lights.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Mce are nice, but way expensive. Plus I don't know how they are going to incorporate the lights.
    Agreed. Unlike the JK before, I really like the JL fenders and like what you did with yours.

  8. #8
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Agreed. Unlike the JK before, I really like the JL fenders and like what you did with yours.
    I've always liked trimmed fenders, the lines on the factory ones when you split them in half look very similar to MCE. Plus they came with the jeep.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •