Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Looks like a super easy install. It sounds pretty good too after hearing Tonyís this weekend.
    Oh yeah, install is super easy. Glad you were able to hear it for yourself. It really isn't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by wallbanger View Post
    I like it. Do you have any opinion regarding performance ?
    eh, I've never thought that ANY exhaust system can or would improve performance. At least, not by itself anyway. If you were to install a CAI, headers AND a high flow exhaust - you might see some gains.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks and sounds great.
    Looks great for sure and yeah, it really doesn't sound all too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I was dubious about how this would sound, especially after running the Ultraflow Rock Crawler on a 3.6 JK. It droned too much, and I switched to a Quiet Crawler.

I have to say, Iím rather surprised. It doesnít sound bad, at all.
    Oh, I know where you're coming from and I was all too ready to reinstall the OE muffler if it sounded anything like that. Fortunately, this setup really doesn't sound all that bad.

Been Around the Block
    for the price, it's worth a try seeing how easily the mounting bracket broke on yours.

my biggest issue would be drone but for the price and easy to return to stock...

on another note, I was set to go with 4.88 gears like I have in my JK but hearing you say you were cruising at 85mph in 8th gear well

how is it on that last bit of climb going into Moab?

How's your mileage been affected with 5.13's? I like the 4.88 in my JK because it still retains decent mileage (IMO) and keeps the rpms low enough on the steep freeway grades.

I'll need to review your gear vid again

Great video, simple and easy. I'll be putting this on the short list!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Iím with Jeeeep. For 90 bucks itís worth a gamble on the noise to be able to lose the giant footlocker hanging from the back of the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Very cool!!!
    One thing to consider is that you can probably sell the stock one for about $90ISH bucks LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    for the price, it's worth a try seeing how easily the mounting bracket broke on yours.

my biggest issue would be drone but for the price and easy to return to stock...

on another note, I was set to go with 4.88 gears like I have in my JK but hearing you say you were cruising at 85mph in 8th gear well

how is it on that last bit of climb going into Moab?

How's your mileage been affected with 5.13's? I like the 4.88 in my JK because it still retains decent mileage (IMO) and keeps the rpms low enough on the steep freeway grades.

I'll need to review your gear vid again
    You'll definitely lose mpg with 5.13's being that you'll always be running at about 400 rpm higher. If mpg is a concern, I would definitely consider running 4.88 again. As far as power on grades go, I don't think I ever really felt it be an issue even with 4.10's.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Great video, simple and easy. I'll be putting this on the short list!
    Nice cheap and easy for sure

Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Iím with Jeeeep. For 90 bucks itís worth a gamble on the noise to be able to lose the giant footlocker hanging from the back of the Jeep.
    That's why we did it. Figured, it'd be worth the gamble and I think it paid off

Quote Originally Posted by DynoMax Exhaust View Post
    Very cool!!!
    One thing to consider is that you can probably sell the stock one for about $90ISH bucks LOL

This is possible

Thought

Eddie,

You might download a decibel app on your phone to give you a ball park idea on loudness. Granted, it would measure ALL sound, but if you ever put the stock muffler back on, you could do a comparison. Obviously, someone else wanting to do this mod could also try it.

My hearing is pretty shot, but Iíd be curious more for my kids. Also, is it legal to run without a muffler? Itís gotta be quieter than some of the glass packs we used to run in the 90ís. 😀

All said, it doesnít sound as loud as I expected. 👍🏻
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Quote Originally Posted by VitaMeVas View Post
    Eddie,

You might download a decibel app on your phone to give you a ball park idea on loudness. Granted, it would measure ALL sound, but if you ever put the stock muffler back on, you could do a comparison. Obviously, someone else wanting to do this mod could also try it.

My hearing is pretty shot, but Iíd be curious more for my kids. Also, is it legal to run without a muffler? Itís gotta be quieter than some of the glass packs we used to run in the 90ís. 😀

All said, it doesnít sound as loud as I expected. 👍🏻
    Yeah, I've had a few people mention that and I apologize for not thinking about it. Would have been nice to take a before and after reading. But, I might be able to get an after reading now.

What I can tell you is that it really doesn't sound too much louder - just different or at least, in my opinion. There's there a resonator in place so it's not like there's nothing in place.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yeah, I've had a few people mention that and I apologize for not thinking about it. Would have been nice to take a before and after reading. But, I might be able to get an after reading now.

What I can tell you is that it really doesn't sound too much louder - just different or at least, in my opinion. There's there a resonator in place so it's not like there's nothing in place.
    Thanks for always being the guinea pig.
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast