Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac ProRock 44

Question JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac ProRock 44

Let's face it, when it comes to the strength of an axle housing, size matters! There really are no two ways about it and it is the reason why Dana finally decided to up-size the tube diameter on the front axles they make for the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. However, how much of an improvement did they actually make? Was it really enough to make a difference especially with them being wider and how does it stack up against a Dynatrac ProRock 44? In this episode of JL JOURNAL, you'll get a close up look at axle tube sizes and their wall thickness and you can decide for yourself - which would you want?

This is the first in a series of JL JOURNAL's that we've made to help educate people about JL Wrangler axles and why you might want to consider a Dynatrac ProRock 44. We hope that you'll find them to be informative. Please check back soon for our next installment.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Thatís cool too see. I love seeing all this aftermarket stuff, essentially as it is discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    cross section makes me wonder WTH! I should be running a much smaller tire on the stock axle!!

Cool to see the change from JK to JL

Does Dynatrac have axle shafts yet or are they still using RCV?

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Thatís cool too see. I love seeing all this aftermarket stuff, essentially as it is discovered.
    It really is a fun time right now. We too love seeing all this stuff as it gets figured out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    cross section makes me wonder WTH! I should be running a much smaller tire on the stock axle!!

Cool to see the change from JK to JL

Does Dynatrac have axle shafts yet or are they still using RCV?
    LOL!!

So far as I know, Dynatrac only has the RCV's as an option. Or at least, at this time.

Proof is in the pudding. Dynatrac has always showed tangible evidence for the superior specs compared to any other competitors. I love my current prorock. There isn't better out there.

Caught the Bug
    Wow. Can't believe the Rubi is the same as the Sahara and Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Proof is in the pudding. Dynatrac has always showed tangible evidence for the superior specs compared to any other competitors. I love my current prorock. There isn't better out there.
    It really does help to see the difference. For more than 10 years, we've been running ProRock axles and they've always proven themselves to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBattalion View Post
    Wow. Can't believe the Rubi is the same as the Sahara and Sport.
    Technically, the Sahara and Sport have an stronger axle housing than the Rubicon being that they're made with the exact same tube but are narrower. Their axle housing will have less leverage on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It really does help to see the difference. For more than 10 years, we've been running ProRock axles and they've always proven themselves to be the best.

Technically, the Sahara and Sport have an stronger axle housing than the Rubicon being that they're made with the exact same tube but are narrower. Their axle housing will have less leverage on them.
    Wow Iím completely shocked. Iíll save the $5000 for the rubicon axles and save up a little more and just get a pr44 front and rear.

I'm thinking someone's JLUR is getting a new axle in the near future, LOL With that said I'm still impressed with the factory 44. But if/when mine ever bites the dust I know what Im buying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Wow, two videos in two days. Youíre spoiling us Eddie, but Iím not complaining. I love all the info youíre dropping on us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast