JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

I’m in the midst of doing this on the creeper right now. You can do it easily on the ground, no jack or stands. Two things. Each hanger has 2 bolts, one hidden up top. An 18” ratchet extension is almost required. Also, my drivers side hanger had this weird flange that held it in place. That flange on the frame is where the bolt threads into. It really held the hanger in place. The passenger side doesn’t have one and that side dropped easily.

Attachments

• 6C50F5F7-1C14-484C-A532-5EB284CA7BBB.jpg
    6C50F5F7-1C14-484C-A532-5EB284CA7BBB.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Yeah man, great $99 upgrade!

Quick follow up now that I have some miles on it. Pretty noisy around 2500rpm. On the highway I set the cruise control and manually set the transmission in 8th to keep it under 2000. Im stock in a Sahara so on level ground 80mph in 8th gear was just under 2000rpm. Its a flat drive from Raleigh to the beach so this worked well, I'd imagine hills and mountains might make this tougher.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Quick follow up now that I have some miles on it. Pretty noisy around 2500rpm. On the highway I set the cruise control and manually set the transmission in 8th to keep it under 2000. Im stock in a Sahara so on level ground 80mph in 8th gear was just under 2000rpm. Its a flat drive from Raleigh to the beach so this worked well, I'd imagine hills and mountains might make this tougher.

So you going to keep it on, or throw the factory muffler back on?