Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

Call us crazy but Cindy and I really like the sound of the factory, Jeep JL Wrangler exhaust system. It sounds clean, throatty and without being too loud across the spectrum. In fact, we like it so much that we've been reluctant to remove our muffler in spite of the fact that it really is a HUGE rock target, one that we've hit plenty of times and one that will cause you to break the aluminum exhaust hangers. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the experience we've acquired on our JK Wranglers over the last 12+ years has taught us, there are definitely drawbacks to removing the OE muffler an/or running an aftermarket exhaust system. The biggest of which isn't so much an issue with sound quality but rather, how it can drone at highway speeds. If you do a lot of long highway driving like we do to get to trails across America and back again, an exhaust drone can really wear you down. Needless to say, when we installed our new Dynomax Muffler Elimination Pipe, we did so with reservations and only because we knew that we could always return things back to stock. And, after running it for a couple of months and racking up a few thousand miles on it including drives out to places like Moab and back, I'm happy to say that we're glad we did it.

In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you get to see just how easy it is to ditch your massive muffler and install a Dynomax Delete tailpipe and all for about $90. We also made sure to include some sound clips, in various situations and we hope you'll find them to be helpful.

BUY a Dynomax Muffler Elimination Pipe
    https://amzn.to/2U1EKhq

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

DYNOMAX JL WRANGLER MUFFLER ELIMINATION PIPE
    The Jeep JL® Muffler Elimination Pipe makes quick and easy work of removing your vehicle’s muffler. This muffler elimination pipe is easy to install, and delivers a deep performance tone. It is manufactured with mandrel bent, Stainless Steel pipe that will last for years to come. The Jeep JL Muffler Elimination Pipe is engineered to provide optimal ground clearance along with an improvement in horsepower & torque. This kit is designed to function with aftermarket suspension systems and frame/body protection accessories.

• Straight through design ensures unrestricted exhaust flow and reduces back pressure
    • 2.5-in. Mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing for lifelong protection
    • Engineered for high ground clearance
    • Provides increased sound and tone.

Looks interesting. Will be interested to here what you think after a trip or two

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Thanks Eddie! This video helped me with 2 things. Sold me on the EVO bombers, and got my interest peaked for the exhaust delete. Helpful videos as always.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    Looks interesting. Will be interested to here what you think after a trip or two

As I state in the video, we've had it on for a while now and have easily racked up about 3,000 miles since including a trip to SoCal and Moab and back. Where I was skeptical before, I'm totally okay with it now, especially for what you get in terms of ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsimon187 View Post
    Thanks Eddie! This video helped me with 2 things. Sold me on the EVO bombers, and got my interest peaked for the exhaust delete. Helpful videos as always.
    Awesome! So glad that we can share videos like this and that they can be helpful to people like you

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As I state in the video, we've had it on for a while now and have easily racked up about 3,000 miles since including a trip to SoCal and Moab and back. Where I was skeptical before, I'm totally okay with it now, especially for what you get in terms of ground clearance.
    Thanks

2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Looks like a super easy install. It sounds pretty good too after hearing Tony’s this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Fresh Catch
    I like it. Do you have any opinion regarding performance ?

Looks and sounds great.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I was dubious about how this would sound, especially after running the Ultraflow Rock Crawler on a 3.6 JK. It droned too much, and I switched to a Quiet Crawler.

I have to say, I’m rather surprised. It doesn’t sound bad, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast