Summer Vacation 2019 Booked

Rlew0083

Well, after much debate and a co-woker offering a super deal on his Breckenridge condo we decided to do Colorado again. I know, horrible....Not.

3 Nights In Telluride
5 nights in Breckenridge

Been a few years since we have been to Telluride and I am looking forward to Imogene Pass, Black Bear, and maybe this year Poughkeepsie Gulch and some fantastic pizza at Brown Dog in Telluride (Detroit style is unbelievable).

Around Breckenridge will hit the North and Middle Forks of the Swan River trail. Love those trails and they are really underrated. Fantastic scenery, fun trails with a little challenge and you get to see the Man Goats. Probably do Wheeler Lake again, first time last year and loved it.

Fill me in on Red Cone and Webster Pass. We still have not done those two yet and they are oh so tempting.

JTCO

Meme King
I did red cone a couple of years ago. Pretty cool trail. Anxious to get out again.

dixonk

Sounds fun. My son chose Colorado for this summer and I was going to start putting a game plan together for a week or two of trails and scenery. You may have done all the heavy lifting for me here lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Is it as steep as it as made out to be?

Yeah, it's pretty steep. That part in the middle with the orangest dirt is the really steep section. Luckily there's a little bit of gravel/rock birms on the sides so it gives you a little sense of security in your mind. There are some pretty rocky sections on the way up before you get out of the trees too.

Here's a side profile from Google Earth showing the steep part. Doesn't look that bad on a computer, lol. It's steep enough and gravel is loose enough, brakes don't do a lot of good.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

GrayBeard

We wheel out of Breckenridge every summer. Lots of great trails for what ever skill level you have or are looking for. We try to do mostly 5-6s just because we have to drive the Jeep 1000 miles back home.

Webster pass is great, as is Red Cone. I would do Red Cone and you'll come down via Webster Pass. Red Cone is only one way. Also Check out Radical Hill, Wild Irishman and SOB Hill just for starters.

Go slow, have trail respect and remember trail difficulty/danger rating goes up if they are wet.

You'll love the trails and the views are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Rlew0083

We wheel out of Breckenridge every summer. Lots of great trails for what ever skill level you have or are looking for. We try to do mostly 5-6s just because we have to drive the Jeep 1000 miles back home.

Webster pass is great, as is Red Cone. I would do Red Cone and you'll come down via Webster Pass. Red Cone is only one way. Also Check out Radical Hill, Wild Irishman and SOB Hill just for starters.

Go slow, have trail respect and remember trail difficulty/danger rating goes up if they are wet.

You'll love the trails and the views are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I know what you mean, Alabama to Colorado and back, definitely don't want to not break anything!