EVO coilover kit help

Piginajeep

I asked about shipping and a quote for the Bomber Rockers to me since I like them and parts and dealers are very rare here in Germany. Was a mail due to time zones, seemed easy for me to handle this

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

it’s a waste of their time to help someone over seas. They’ll end up making zero off of it and something will happen in shipping and you’ll want your money back.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

jtwopark

MrGiant

it’s a waste of their time to help someone over seas. They’ll end up making zero off of it and something will happen in shipping and you’ll want your money back.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1
That really is the point, and therefore I dont like them that much any more no matter how good they show up in medias.
Then they should be able to sell it via qtec (as they claim on their website), always bought stuff there without issues.
End Offtopic, sorry for that

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

kingsize

EVO MFG Representative
Supporter
I asked about shipping and a quote for the Bomber Rockers to me since I like them and parts and dealers are very rare here in Germany. Was a mail due to time zones, seemed easy for me to handle this

I'm 100% positive I did reply to your PM here 4/6/2019.

Robert @ EVO MFG

JL_John

You’re not hijacking, really appreciate the vote of confidence.

After looking at it for a good 45 minutes I finally started to cut!View attachment 10970View attachment 10971View attachment 10972

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Got your message.

Installing the front shocks with short arms is tricky. I removed the front driveshaft and upper and lower control arms on passenger side and drooped the axle almost to the ground. Make sure you have the preload nut backed off all the way. Shock bolts are 7/16 grade 8 with a stover nut. Make sure you use the proper length because you need space in the shock mount to connect the limit straps. Might be a better way but this is how I did it. Getting the shocks in the lower shock mount was the most frustrating part of the job for me.

As far as rears it the same principle but you need to install the lower shock skids before installing the lower shock. Make sure you drill the 1/2” hole for the limit strap and install it before installing the shocks. Couple pictures below you can zoom for details. I’m going off of memory and don’t have my Jeep in front mid me so I may be missing something. The directions are pretty solid for the install so just take your time and follow them step by step.

Image1557170941.205526.jpgIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1268.JPG

13_gecko_rubi

If I remove the rear axles, do the seals come out with the axles like the jks? If so, do I need to replace them? Or am I over thinking the whole process?

Yes they come out with the axles like the JK. You should not need to replace them no. Just make sure when you reinstall them you get them in squared so u don't damage them. You shouldn't need to remove them to weld on brackets imo but do it if the instructions say so.

Sent via....

jtwopark

instructions do not mention anything about taking the axles out but from past experiences with toyota trucks would lead me to think otherwise. I've welded bump stop pads on the axle housing and it had melted the seal inside to allow it to leak.
Just do not want to go to the dealer and find out the rear seals are not available!