Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: EVO coilover kit help

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    The Powertank kit is unnecessary. You can build your own kit cheaper. You need a tank, regulator, a length of high pressure hose, a chuck and a no-loss gauge / charging manifold (the most expensive component).
    For my shock nitrogen setup, I use a small tank from Harbor Freight, an adapter to a CO2 regulator, and a stainless hose that I found it on a clearance shelf at a welding store, and a regular push-on chuck. The adapter was needed because I think it was an oxygen tank, if I remember correctly (it was many years ago I set it up).

For normal filling, I don't use a no-loss gauge assembly. I generally set the regulator to the pressure I need and just push the chuck on the valve stem. I've done it with the no-loss gauge and it didn't make a difference. And I've checked the pressure with the no-loss gauge, and it was about the same as the pressure indicated on the regulator. So for down and dirty, you don't really need the no-loss gauge setup.
    Last edited by 2Wheel-Lee; 06-25-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    For my shock nitrogen setup, I use a small tank from Harbor Freight, an adapter to a CO2 regulator, and a stainless hose that I found it on a clearance shelf at a welding store, and a regular push-on chuck. The adapter was needed because I think it was an oxygen tank, if I remember correctly (it was many years ago I set it up).

For normal filling, I don't use a no-loss gauge assembly. I generally set the regulator to the pressure I need and just push the chuck on the valve stem. I've done it with the no-loss gauge and it didn't make a difference. And I've checked the pressure with the no-loss gauge, and it was about the same as the pressure indicated on the regulator. So for down and dirty, you don't really need the no-loss gauge setup.
    I'm going to have to check that out. I've installed four lifts on my buddies jeeps and every one of them had the king shocks and all of them came between 40 and 60 PSI short of what they should from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    I'm going to have to check that out. I've installed four lifts on my buddies jeeps and every one of them had the king shocks and all of them came between 40 and 60 PSI short of what they should from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    My Kings came with 60psi in them. It took a bit of riding around on bouncy cut Honda tuner car springs before I figured it out. 150 psi and they are golden now.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Fresh Catch
    I've found it so much nicer installing shocks that aren't pressurized. I have a Ram 2500 with Fox shocks that I rebuild from time to time, and that's why I originally got the setup. Oh I remember the headaches of trying to install those shocks pressurized. Having the nitrogen charging setup turned out to be way more useful than I had originally imagined with other vehicles. Sure, if it were $400, I might have fought pressurized shocks more, but I think I have 150ish into it? (plus nitrogen) It's been a while so I don't remember much.

Can you link the parts needed for the nitrogen setup?

Quote Originally Posted by jtwopark View Post
    Can you link the parts needed for the nitrogen setup?

I sent you a PM.

Fresh Catch
    I have a full nitrogen setup if you still need help, I live in palmdale which is close to Valencia. Never installed dual rate coilovers but familiar with suspension some what..haha

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718