Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 177

Thread: EVO coilover kit help

  1. #141
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    How far down is your coil nut adjusted?

  2. #142
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115

    EVO coilover kit help

    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Well, the timing ring in relation to the slider is definitely more appropriate, however your shocks still look pretty extended. Are the shocks compressing while you drive? There's a large rubber grommet at the bottom of the shaft that you can slide up to the bottom of the shock body to see how much movement you're getting.
    Even if I thread down the timing ring all the way down until it bottoms out I still have 1.25Ē before it touches the slider


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appfrom what you have stated it should be .75-1Ē

  3. #143
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    How far down is your coil nut adjusted?
    IMG_5264.JPG



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #144
    Hooked Saddletramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    106
    What is the nitrogen pressure set at?

    I always ran mine around 150psi but the gas pressure shouldn't affect height as much as the spring rates and preload.

  5. #145
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    What is the nitrogen pressure set at?

    I always ran mine around 150psi but the gas pressure shouldn't affect height as much as the spring rates and preload.
    I actually have no clue as to what the baseline nitrogen psi is. From my previous experiences with king shocks was usually around 150psi and as high as 200psi


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #146
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115
    I am done adjusting the rings...going to take it for a spin and see if there are any changes.

    If there isnít any change in ride quality, what is my next step? Nitrogen psi or lower the air pressure in my tires? Tires are set to 32 psi on the 40x13.5 toyo

    Thinking of trying 26-28psi


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #147
    Hooked Saddletramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwopark View Post
    I actually have no clue as to what the baseline nitrogen psi is. From my previous experiences with king shocks was usually around 150psi and as high as 200psi


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Do you have a chambered gauge that you can check them? I didn't think they'd even ship pressurized but I've never had them shipped, just installed at Evo.


    Yes, correct on the pressure, I'd set them 150-160 and go from there.

  8. #148
    Hooked Saddletramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwopark View Post
    I am done adjusting the rings...going to take it for a spin and see if there are any changes.

    If there isnít any change in ride quality, what is my next step? Nitrogen psi or lower the air pressure in my tires? Tires are set to 32 psi on the 40x13.5 toyo

    Thinking of trying 26-28psi


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Set your tires at 28psi.

  9. #149
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Set your tires at 28psi.
    IMG_5266.JPGworking on it...thanks for all the suggestions



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  10. #150
    Hooked jtwopark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seoul, Los Angeles
    Posts
    115
    Toyo tires at 26psi, the rings in the rear set to aprox 1 1/8Ē and the fronts set to 3/4Ē it rides better but not really satisfied....anyone near Valencia have this kit thatís willing to drive mine and tell me if it is what itís supposed to be?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •