Loving the Rancho rs9000xl shocks

As an early Mother's day present for my wife I wanted to get her some adjustable shocks for her jeep. We looked into King's or Fox shocks, but since we'd like to eventually go coilover I ordered the Rancho shocks to get us by. The only thing I don't like is the silver paint quality so I painted them to better match the Jeep, and I greased the adjuster knobs. Overall I think the ride they provide makes them an excellent value especially with the $50 gift card. Most importantly she loves them compared to the JKS shocks we had, and on setting 3 they match up well with the 230lb springs.

Attachments

• 20190504_123143.jpg
    20190504_123143.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 187

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, that looks really sharp in black like that!! NICE job :thumb:

Also, I would say that if your Jeep spends a lot of time on pavement, a 9000 shock will offer a nicer ride than any high end monotube. Of course, driving hard and fast off road is a different story.

JTCO

Meme King
As an early Mother's day present for my wife I wanted to get her some adjustable shocks for her jeep. We looked into King's or Fox shocks, but since we'd like to eventually go coilover I ordered the Rancho shocks to get us by. The only thing I don't like is the silver paint quality so I painted them to better match the Jeep, and I greased the adjuster knobs. Overall I think the ride they provide makes them an excellent value especially with the $50 gift card. Most importantly she loves them compared to the JKS shocks we had, and on setting 3 they match up well with the 230lb springs.

Yeah, the black looks sharp. Really sharp. Paging Matt..........

Also, I would say that if your Jeep spends a lot of time on pavement, a 9000 shock will offer a nicer ride than any high end monotube. Of course, driving hard and fast off road is a different story.

Thank you! It's her daily driver so it does see a lot of road miles. We live in Kentucky so unfortunately it mostly mud, with some decent rock crawling. Thank you for the videos you posted on the shocks.

SignalVol

I'm looking at the Rancho 9000 vs. Fox 2.0 monotube shocks for a 20k miles/yr daily driver and wknd warrior. How much better would the monotube perform offroad for crawling/trailriding at places like Windrock? I dont do any fast offroading. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at the Rancho 9000 vs. Fox 2.0 monotube shocks for a 20k miles/yr daily driver and wknd warrior. How much better would the monotube perform offroad for crawling/trailriding at places like Windrock? I dont do any fast offroading. Thanks!

Honestly, you won't see any difference at all in places like that. The whole point of a monotube shock is to help prevent cavitation which is caused by situations like hard and fast driving across the desert. This of course will lead to shock fade and or failure.

SignalVol

Honestly, you won't see any difference at all in places like that. The whole point of a monotube shock is to help prevent cavitation which is caused by situations like hard and fast driving across the desert. This of course will lead to shock fade and or failure.
Thanks...do you think the 9000s ride better on road?