Is the 3.6L V6 becoming more rare?

Ridge_Runner

Good day to everyone on here. Today my wife and I spent the day driving around the greater Sacramento area here in California looking at the JL Unlimited Rubicon. We were shocked to find very few of the V6 motors. We were being told that the majority of the new units coming out will be the Turbo option. Has anyone heard anything about this being true? I am thinking at this point we may just end up doing a custom order of the JL so we can be sure to get the motor we want. We did test drive both, and I still like the V6 better. The only reason we didn't get one today is we couldn't find one with the color and options we wanted. We found the color but it had the turbo motor. Thanks for any insite or information that you may have heard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

Good day to everyone on here. Today my wife and I spent the day driving around the greater Sacramento area here in California looking at the JL Unlimited Rubicon. We were shocked to find very few of the V6 motors. We were being told that the majority of the new units coming out will be the Turbo option. Has anyone heard anything about this being true? I am thinking at this point we may just end up doing a custom order of the JL so we can be sure to get the motor we want. We did test drive both, and I still like the V6 better. The only reason we didn't get one today is we couldn't find one with the color and options we wanted. We found the color but it had the turbo motor. Thanks for any insite or information that you may have heard.

Folsom's website looks like they are 50/50 on the JLUR's, half turbo & half v6... all the v6's were soft tops though

SouthCo

From what I have read, Jeep is shipping more 4cyl units out than v6 to make government mpg requirements. In my area 4cyl sitting on lots are more common. You may have to order to get a v6 with the options you want. I feel I lucked out finding my v6 8spd auto on a lot with the color and options I wanted.

Also the new JT Gladiator will only have the v6 and no 4cyl option. Not sure if that also plays a role in lack of v6 JLs....

Last edited:

CalSgt

CalSgt that's what we saw, we want a hardtop Rubicon unlimited

Well i hope you find what you're looking for... It doesn't hurt to call around several hours out, most dealerships will deliver. When we bought our denali, Dublin Buick had one of the only second row bench seat Yukon XL's i could find anywhere. Did the whole deal over the phone & i met them half way in Williams, I never even set foot in the dealership & signed papers at the delivery site. I should have insisted they drive even farther, the delivery team told me they had delivered a car to Reno that same morning...

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

I would assume it’s just the area and the market they are trying to capture. Down in the valley there are a lot of 3.6’s.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Spack

I ran into the same issue back in Nov when I bought mine, had to be dealer traded from Lodi to Carson City. If you do order, make sure your dealer orders it as a ‘sold’ item and not dealer stock. Mine could not order a JLUR in 3.6 and auto as dealer stock at the time and that was the fix, just wrong ordering code.

Ridge_Runner

I ran into the same issue back in Nov when I bought mine, had to be dealer traded from Lodi to Carson City. If you do order, make sure your dealer orders it as a ‘sold’ item and not dealer stock. Mine could not order a JLUR in 3.6 and auto as dealer stock at the time and that was the fix, just wrong ordering code.

I'm actually only 5 miles away from the Lodi dealership. Will need to check there then.

Spack

I'm actually only 5 miles away from the Lodi dealership. Will need to check there then.

From what I remember, it was sitting on the lot for a bit. It was really the only one on the west coast I could find. The Jeep website has a vehicle locator on it that I used. Put in your build and it will give you the inventory in a given radius. I just used different large cities along the west coast until mine popped up.