Attempting to calculate an invoice price (Am I close?)

Osen

Hey guys,

I'm a frequent reader but registered an account for the first time just now. Hope this is the right place for this post (I didn't see a section specifically for buying/pricing).

Anyway, I'm going to buy a new rubicon, and I'm prepping ahead. I want to nail down an idea of what I should negotiate for the build I want. I'm a little flexible on what options I'd take, but I'm thinking I'll have to count on doing a special order based on my configuration.

The attached spreadsheet's MSRP pricing is based on a rubicon I just built on jeep.com a minute ago (05-03-2019), and the invoice numbers come from posts I've found online. If the invoice numbers I found did not match the MSRP numbers that the source listed, I made it red... so the assumption is that red numbers are incorrect. It's hard to find info on 2-doors, especially 2-door rubicons.

Does anyone have any corrections or general opinions on this based on their own experience?

PS - I calculated the 4-6% off invoice numbers on the side, because I've heard the "4-6%" number thrown around a lot. I'm not sure whether that's actually accurate... but it's there.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.48.08 PM.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Like you, I recently have gone through a similar process for my Gladiator. Bottom line, contact at least 5-6 dealers. Tell them that you are in the market for a new Jeep and that you are shopping around the entire nation for a well priced Jeep. Make it clear that you would like to see the invoice pricing so that you can get a decent price. I guarantee you that within a short amount of time, you will get accurate invoice pricing.
Then from there, negotiate accordingly.Certain dealers will budge while others may not. At least you'll have a good baseline.

phljeeper

Just go to kbb.com and add your options and get the invoice. The invoice pricing is all over the Internet. Every dealer will also provide it to you on the build sheet for any vehicle you look at. Just ask.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osen

Welcome to JL Wrangler. Like you, I recently have gone through a similar process for my Gladiator. Bottom line, contact at least 5-6 dealers. Tell them that you are in the market for a new Jeep and that you are shopping around the entire nation for a well priced Jeep. Make it clear that you would like to see the invoice pricing so that you can get a decent price. I guarantee you that within a short amount of time, you will get accurate invoice pricing.
Then from there, negotiate accordingly.Certain dealers will budge while others may not. At least you'll have a good baseline.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. That's pretty much what I planned on doing... I'm not the type to let myself get overhyped and make a bad decision.

Osen

Just go to kbb.com and add your options and get the invoice. The invoice pricing is all over the Internet. Every dealer will also provide it to you on the build sheet for any vehicle you look at. Just ask.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've used KBB in the past but didn't realize it had invoice pricing lists... I ended up fixing my sheet. Unfortunately my guessed numbers were mostly low so the final number was larger hah