To Trektop or factory non premium soft top

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I love the look of the Trektop and still run one on my JK, I personally would be reluctant to get one for the JL. From what we've seen so far, they've still got issues with how it's secured on the back. I can almost guarantee that they'll come out with an update and right after you buy one. That happened to me 3 times on the JK and it was lame. If you can hold off a bit, I would or, I would probably look at getting an OE top. At least with it, you won't lose any cargo space and you'll know it'll fit right.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
^^^THIS^^^

I'm also steering away from the JL TrekTop until issues are ironed out. I've got the factory soft top and don't suffer from any issues. The overhang is kind of weird, however I'm hoping some half doors in the future will give it a nice Safari look. The JL4D Spiderwebshade is also an option.

JeepJL

While I love the look of the Trektop and still run one on my JK, I personally would be reluctant to get one for the JL. From what we've seen so far, they've still got issues with how it's secured on the back. I can almost guarantee that they'll come out with an update and right after you buy one. That happened to me 3 times on the JK and it was lame. If you can hold off a bit, I would or, I would probably look at getting an OE top. At least with it, you won't lose any cargo space and you'll know it'll fit right.

You’re probably right. Good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepJL

^^^THIS^^^

I'm also steering away from the JL TrekTop until issues are ironed out. I've got the factory soft top and don't suffer from any issues. The overhang is kind of weird, however I'm hoping some half doors in the future will give it a nice Safari look. The JL4D Spiderwebshade is also an option.

I agree with the above posts. If you want a soft top now, get the factory one...

Thanks for the input. [emoji1360]

Belmore22

I have a JL Trektop and have not had any issues. Well, one issue was a seam on the back window was separating... I sent email with pictures and called and they sent a replacement back window right out. I haven’t had any flapping that some have mentioned as a problem. I have run it on the interstate and even with the sunrider open.

JeepJL

I have a JL Trektop and have not had any issues. Well, one issue was a seam on the back window was separating... I sent email with pictures and called and they sent a replacement back window right out. I haven’t had any flapping that some have mentioned as a problem. I have run it on the interstate and even with the sunrider open.

Thanks. Good to know!