Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Modified Jeep Gladiator Sightings- Jeep Gladiator Modifications

Modified Jeep Gladiator Sightings- Jeep Gladiator Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Whoa, I had no idea! Is it safe to assume you're leaning toward a JT?
    As you know, wanting to go fast in the desert means something will bend and then break, so I have been driving for a few years with bent axle tubes, nothing dangerous though. I was looking at buying the new JL and then I got a phone call from Mel asking for help on the JLX. I was sold on buying the JL after day 1 on the event......but my buddy Mel kept saying “you need to wait for the JT” followed by his infectious laugh and a smile. So I knew the JT must have been really good. After that week of riding with him and hearing the first hand accounts of the stuff he helped Jeep with on the JT’s development out in AZ, I decided to wait. Then my JK’s rear ring gear broke, forcing me to do a “trail type” fix to see if I could just drive it around through the winter.
    Now I need to make a decision:

1- Replace just the ring gear, with no fast driving off road, but still a super capable rock crawler, wait a bit for a JT.

2- Replace the PR60 with a PR80, meaning no JT for quite a bit longer.

3- Buy the JT, and put the JK on cinder blocks out in the front yard surrounded by tall grass, weeds, an old broken refrigerator, wine bottles and broken lawn chairs, there by single handedly driving home prices down in my neighborhood, while muttering to myself every time I pull into the driveway to my home “I should probably get the old JK working” but instead pouring myself a Mexican Mule and forgetting I own a JK and wondering what happen to that old refrigerator that i used to have in the garage.

IMG_1760.jpg

KATM8112.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    As you know, wanting to go fast in the desert means something will bend and then break, so I have been driving for a few years with bent axle tubes, nothing dangerous though. I was looking at buying the new JL and then I got a phone call from Mel asking for help on the JLX. I was sold on buying the JL after day 1 on the event......but my buddy Mel kept saying “you need to wait for the JT” followed by his infectious laugh and a smile. So I knew the JT must have been really good. After that week of riding with him and hearing the first hand accounts of the stuff he helped Jeep with on the JT’s development out in AZ, I decided to wait. Then my JK’s rear ring gear broke, forcing me to do a “trail type” fix to see if I could just drive it around through the winter.

1- Replace just the ring gear, with no fast driving off road, but still a super capable rock crawler, wait a bit for a JT.

3- Buy the JT, and put the JK on cinder blocks out in the front yard surrounded by tall grass, weeds, an old broken refrigerator, wine bottles and broken lawn chairs, there by single handedly driving home prices down in my neighborhood, while muttering to myself every time I pull into the driveway to my home “I should probably get the old JK working” but instead pouring myself a Mexican Mule and forgetting I own a JK and wondering what happen to that old refrigerator that i used to have in the garage.

IMG_1760.jpg

KATM8112.jpg
    Is it safe to assume the JK in #3 is on blocks because you fixed the axles and put them under the JT? If so, solid plan.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Is it safe to assume the JK in #3 is on blocks because you fixed the axles and put them under the JT? If so, solid plan.

Genius! I knew you would help me spend my money!

Sounds to me that #1 might be the way to go. I mean, how many years did you get out of that ring gear before it finally decided to give?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Of course, there is that!

Did it ever run low on fluid? I was just wondering what caused that discoloration on the teeth up top.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Did it ever run low on fluid? I was just wondering what caused that discoloration on the teeth up top.
    Nah, it’s just the picture for whatever reason is showing that weird lighting on the teeth. My rear diff fluid has been changed out every 10k miles in that PR60.

Let’s get back to Gladiator pics!

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    EVO/KING JL Bolt On CO Kits have black caps, sliders and coil nuts. Black and silver decals. King blue springs. For me the blue is so iconic, I geek out whenever I see them on other rigs or in my garage.

Attachment 11321
    It is nice to look at it in the garage.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

IMG_1760.jpg

KATM8112.jpg
    I’d do some dental work on the 60, then wait till the ‘20 JT’s come out...

IMG_1760.jpg

KATM8112.jpg
    Teraflex rear 60 sounds like a good option. Only like $4500 and if you have the blind kid weld instead of the normal guy you might be able to save a bit more.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I’d do some dental work on the 60, then wait till the ‘20 JT’s come out...
    More than likely, that’s what I’ll do. The JK has ten years worth of wheeling on it and a ring gear change is all it really needs for a few more years of fun. Plus I’m giving this whole knee jerk reaction love affair to the new JT time to die out. There’s no way it will ever be a success. It’s pretty much just a warmed over version of the Pontiac Aztec. Once the dealer lots are undoubtedly filled with unsold 2019’s, I will swoop in and claim one for pennies on the dollar. At least that is how it plays out in the low budget movie in my head

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast