Modified Jeep Gladiator Sightings- Jeep Gladiator Modifications

GCM 2.0

Whoa, I had no idea! Is it safe to assume you're leaning toward a JT? :crazyeyes:

As you know, wanting to go fast in the desert means something will bend and then break, so I have been driving for a few years with bent axle tubes, nothing dangerous though. I was looking at buying the new JL and then I got a phone call from Mel asking for help on the JLX. I was sold on buying the JL after day 1 on the event......but my buddy Mel kept saying “you need to wait for the JT” followed by his infectious laugh and a smile. So I knew the JT must have been really good. After that week of riding with him and hearing the first hand accounts of the stuff he helped Jeep with on the JT’s development out in AZ, I decided to wait. Then my JK’s rear ring gear broke, forcing me to do a “trail type” fix to see if I could just drive it around through the winter.
Now I need to make a decision:

1- Replace just the ring gear, with no fast driving off road, but still a super capable rock crawler, wait a bit for a JT.

2- Replace the PR60 with a PR80, meaning no JT for quite a bit longer.

3- Buy the JT, and put the JK on cinder blocks out in the front yard surrounded by tall grass, weeds, an old broken refrigerator, wine bottles and broken lawn chairs, there by single handedly driving home prices down in my neighborhood, while muttering to myself every time I pull into the driveway to my home “I should probably get the old JK working” but instead pouring myself a Mexican Mule and forgetting I own a JK and wondering what happen to that old refrigerator that i used to have in the garage.

IMG_1760.jpg

KATM8112.jpg

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
As you know, wanting to go fast in the desert means something will bend and then break, so I have been driving for a few years with bent axle tubes, nothing dangerous though. I was looking at buying the new JL and then I got a phone call from Mel asking for help on the JLX. I was sold on buying the JL after day 1 on the event......but my buddy Mel kept saying “you need to wait for the JT” followed by his infectious laugh and a smile. So I knew the JT must have been really good. After that week of riding with him and hearing the first hand accounts of the stuff he helped Jeep with on the JT’s development out in AZ, I decided to wait. Then my JK’s rear ring gear broke, forcing me to do a “trail type” fix to see if I could just drive it around through the winter.

1- Replace just the ring gear, with no fast driving off road, but still a super capable rock crawler, wait a bit for a JT.

3- Buy the JT, and put the JK on cinder blocks out in the front yard surrounded by tall grass, weeds, an old broken refrigerator, wine bottles and broken lawn chairs, there by single handedly driving home prices down in my neighborhood, while muttering to myself every time I pull into the driveway to my home “I should probably get the old JK working” but instead pouring myself a Mexican Mule and forgetting I own a JK and wondering what happen to that old refrigerator that i used to have in the garage.

View attachment 11327

View attachment 11328

Is it safe to assume the JK in #3 is on blocks because you fixed the axles and put them under the JT? If so, solid plan.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sounds to me that #1 might be the way to go. I mean, how many years did you get out of that ring gear before it finally decided to give? :crazyeyes:

Is it safe to assume the JK in #3 is on blocks because you fixed the axles and put them under the JT? If so, solid plan.

Of course, there is that! :cheesy:

GCM 2.0

Did it ever run low on fluid? I was just wondering what caused that discoloration on the teeth up top.

Nah, it’s just the picture for whatever reason is showing that weird lighting on the teeth. My rear diff fluid has been changed out every 10k miles in that PR60.

Let’s get back to Gladiator pics!

Brute

View attachment 11327

View attachment 11328

I’d do some dental work on the 60, then wait till the ‘20 JT’s come out...

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

View attachment 11327

View attachment 11328

Teraflex rear 60 sounds like a good option. Only like $4500 and if you have the blind kid weld instead of the normal guy you might be able to save a bit more.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

GCM 2.0

I’d do some dental work on the 60, then wait till the ‘20 JT’s come out...

More than likely, that’s what I’ll do. The JK has ten years worth of wheeling on it and a ring gear change is all it really needs for a few more years of fun. Plus I’m giving this whole knee jerk reaction love affair to the new JT time to die out. There’s no way it will ever be a success. It’s pretty much just a warmed over version of the Pontiac Aztec. Once the dealer lots are undoubtedly filled with unsold 2019’s, I will swoop in and claim one for pennies on the dollar. At least that is how it plays out in the low budget movie in my head ;)

GCM 2.0

Teraflex rear 60 sounds like a good option. Only like $4500 and if you have the blind kid weld instead of the normal guy you might be able to save a bit more.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Just when I thought there was no chance of a more stupid plan......and then you come up with this incredibly smart and perfect fix. Adam, I knew you would be the one to solve my problems. Could you get get started on border security and climate change now. And maybe something about the tornados in the central US too. Go boy, fix it!

JTCO

Meme King

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

:cheesy:

download.jpg

Plus I’m giving this whole knee jerk reaction love affair to the new JT time to die out. There’s no way it will ever be a success. It’s pretty much just a warmed over version of the Pontiac Aztec. Once the dealer lots are undoubtedly filled with unsold 2019’s, I will swoop in and claim one for pennies on the dollar. At least that is how it plays out in the low budget movie in my head ;)

Wait until you see a JT in a bikini wrap. You'll bite.... Sooner than later....

JTCO

Meme King
Jeep Gladiator Sport S lifted with I assume 35s (since that's the biggest that you can get in Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs).
Not sure of the lift height but I really like the mostly black rims with the red JT. Clean combo IMO. Finally starting to see what a Sport S will look like with some bigger tires.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg