Help needed post lift install

MSUConrad

I installed my lift this weekend with 8 adjustable control arms. Everything seems great except a slight pull to the right. It became more noticeable after I put the 37s on.

Any direction on what I should check first?

JTCO

Meme King
I installed my lift this weekend with 8 adjustable control arms. Everything seems great except a slight pull to the right. It became more noticeable after I put the 37s on.

Any direction on what I should check first?

Rotate your front two tires side to side. If the pull changes to the other direction, then it's a tire issue.

Check to ensure both upper control arms are the same length as each other. And make sure both lower control arms are the same length as each other. Do this on both front and rear. Measure from center of bolts for a consistent measurement.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What tires are you running. Could very well just be radial pull. If you were running Nitto Trail Grapplers, the pull would be to the left.

MSUConrad

I double checked the arms, all appear to be exactly the same. The upper driver may be 1/16th off, and I will pull them this weekend to confirm. Tires are Cooper STT Pro 37x12.50 on KMC XD 231 beadlocks.

MSUConrad

Closing out this thread. I went into a reputable alignment shop that works on 4x4s. I had everything dialed in correctly and no adjustment was needed. Apparently our roads in Oregon have such a significant crown that it causes solid axle vehicles to pull to the right. This is made more obvious when you add larger offsets and tire widths......at least my confidence in using a tape measure is back!

SLO

Closing out this thread. I went into a reputable alignment shop that works on 4x4s. I had everything dialed in correctly and no adjustment was needed. Apparently our roads in Oregon have such a significant crown that it causes solid axle vehicles to pull to the right. This is made more obvious when you add larger offsets and tire widths......at least my confidence in using a tape measure is back!

Who did you go to? My EVO kit should be done this weekend and I’ll need to get my alignment checked as well.