Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift requirements

Lift requirements

Guys. Need to do my lift kit in stages due to cash flow. I want to start with the minimum I have to do and then add items like control arms etc later.

What is the absolute minimum (components)I have to get for the jeep to be drivable again. In addition to springs and shocks of course.

Going to go with a 3.5 life from metalcloak.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Coils, shocks, and dont buy Metal Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jmikesimpson View Post
    Guys. Need to do my lift kit in stages due to cash flow. I want to start with the minimum I have to do and then add items like control arms etc later.

What is the absolute minimum (components)I have to get for the jeep to be drivable again. In addition to springs and shocks of course.

Going to go with a 3.5 life from metalcloak.
    What's your maximum tire size you'll be running and what is your intent of use for the Jeep? There are so many kits out there. What made you pick MetalCloak?

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    What's your maximum tire size you'll be running and what is your intent of use for the Jeep? There are so many kits out there. What made you pick MetalCloak?
    Many of the guys in my local club swears by them. Thatís why I am leaning that way...

Eventually I want to go 37s. Itís not a daily driver. I do visit off road parks with my club and want to be able to do some of the non-easy trails. I do all I can stock, but want to do more..

Caught the Bug
    I went with the Evo 2.5" stage 1 with shock extensions and when funds allowed added fox performance 2.0 shocks to get rid of the extensions. Eventually I'll add control arms as well. I'm running 35s on this lift with stock fender flares on a sport and thinking I can get away with 37s if I put flat flares on it.

I chose 2.5 over 3.5 because it doesn't throw off the geometry as much thus requiring less parts, also keeps center of gravity lower.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I'd do research and really wait. Things change. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Itís not your daily driver just wait until you can buy a good complete lift. That is not metaljoke.

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Thank you guys. Good advice. Appreciate it.

I think what others have said already has been spot on. If you can hold out, I can guarantee you that better stuff is coming your way. We're only into year 1 of a 10 year vehicle. That being said, if you're wanting to get something now and on a budget, I would strongly consider something like a Rancho kit. They are super affordable and if you take advantage of their rebate program, it's even more affordable. When you find something better, upgrade at that time and sell what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I think what others have said already has been spot on. If you can hold out, I can guarantee you that better stuff is coming your way. We're only into year 1 of a 10 year vehicle. That being said, if you're wanting to get something now and on a budget, I would strongly consider something like a Rancho kit. They are super affordable and if you take advantage of their rebate program, it's even more affordable. When you find something better, upgrade at that time and sell what you have.
    I agree with this statement! I went with the Rancho sport suspension because it was in my budget, easy to install and upgrade able over time. And with Eddieís videos it made it a no brainer. Iím currently running 37Ē tires with it on my sport and have taken it all over from local trails in Calico, to Farmington NM, and Moab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast