Lift requirements

Guys. Need to do my lift kit in stages due to cash flow. I want to start with the minimum I have to do and then add items like control arms etc later.

What is the absolute minimum (components)I have to get for the jeep to be drivable again. In addition to springs and shocks of course.

Going to go with a 3.5 life from metalcloak.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Guys. Need to do my lift kit in stages due to cash flow. I want to start with the minimum I have to do and then add items like control arms etc later.

What is the absolute minimum (components)I have to get for the jeep to be drivable again. In addition to springs and shocks of course.

Going to go with a 3.5 life from metalcloak.

What's your maximum tire size you'll be running and what is your intent of use for the Jeep? There are so many kits out there. What made you pick MetalCloak?

What's your maximum tire size you'll be running and what is your intent of use for the Jeep? There are so many kits out there. What made you pick MetalCloak?

Many of the guys in my local club swears by them. That’s why I am leaning that way...

Eventually I want to go 37s. It’s not a daily driver. I do visit off road parks with my club and want to be able to do some of the non-easy trails. I do all I can stock, but want to do more..

JrBiem

I went with the Evo 2.5" stage 1 with shock extensions and when funds allowed added fox performance 2.0 shocks to get rid of the extensions. Eventually I'll add control arms as well. I'm running 35s on this lift with stock fender flares on a sport and thinking I can get away with 37s if I put flat flares on it.

I chose 2.5 over 3.5 because it doesn't throw off the geometry as much thus requiring less parts, also keeps center of gravity lower.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think what others have said already has been spot on. If you can hold out, I can guarantee you that better stuff is coming your way. We're only into year 1 of a 10 year vehicle. That being said, if you're wanting to get something now and on a budget, I would strongly consider something like a Rancho kit. They are super affordable and if you take advantage of their rebate program, it's even more affordable. When you find something better, upgrade at that time and sell what you have. :yup:

aust249

I think what others have said already has been spot on. If you can hold out, I can guarantee you that better stuff is coming your way. We're only into year 1 of a 10 year vehicle. That being said, if you're wanting to get something now and on a budget, I would strongly consider something like a Rancho kit. They are super affordable and if you take advantage of their rebate program, it's even more affordable. When you find something better, upgrade at that time and sell what you have. :yup:

I agree with this statement! I went with the Rancho sport suspension because it was in my budget, easy to install and upgrade able over time. And with Eddie’s videos it made it a no brainer. I’m currently running 37” tires with it on my sport and have taken it all over from local trails in Calico, to Farmington NM, and Moab.

oyasin

I went to a Rancho Sponsored trail run in Moab and saw their staff riding the 2.5 and 3.5 lifts compared to my stock and they preformed great. They even let me drive their jeeps and the ride quality was same if not a little better than stock on trail and on pavement! They walked me through all the components that comes with a kit and it seemed pretty complete!

MoparMari

I went to a Rancho Sponsored trail run in Moab and saw their staff riding the 2.5 and 3.5 lifts compared to my stock and they preformed great. They even let me drive their jeeps and the ride quality was same if not a little better than stock on trail and on pavement! They walked me through all the components that comes with a kit and it seemed pretty complete!

Did you drive the 2.5 or 3.5 or both? Hopefully both and you can tell me your thoughts on each. Thinking about the Rancho kit for my sport. First jeep, daily driver and won't see much off the pavement in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oyasin

Did you drive the 2.5 or 3.5 or both? Hopefully both and you can tell me your thoughts on each. Thinking about the Rancho kit for my sport. First jeep, daily driver and won't see much off the pavement in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove the 3.5 because at some point I want to put 37s. With that said JL journal has both lifts on the jeep at different points with 37s right?