Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Selling Their JK to get a JL?

Question Who's Selling Their JK to get a JL?

Like a lot of you, Cindy and I have an extremely built up JK... okay, in all fairness, 2 of them and at this point and time, it'd be really hard for us to get rid of either one of them just to by a JL. That being said, we really do LOVE the all new JL and would have to seriously consider it now especially if it were the only way to get one. With that said, I was wondering how many of you out there have JK's now and will be selling or trading it in to get your JL? Inquiring minds want to know!

Fresh Catch
    I sell my Toyota when the JL is available in Europe but the dealership don't know when the JL is available ( saving money for a Rubicon)

Sent from my SM-G935F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm really warming up to the JL after seeing all of the details now, but I cannot see me ever getting rid of my JK for the JL. Honestly, I really love my JK. Mine is exactly where I want it performance wise and the with all of mods I've done to this point on it that are non-reversible, I'd lose my shirt if I were to try to trade or sell outright. I still run conventional coils but with the EVO skins/sliders/tire carrier/Long Arm kit and Dynatrac axles, I committed to the build long term. So much so that I'd probably do a LS conversion if/when the V6 craps out instead of getting a new JL.

Now, if the question was "would I get a JL in addition to", that might be a different story

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I sell my Toyota when the JL is available in Europe but the dealership don't know when the JL is available ( saving money for a Rubicon)
    What kind of Toyota are you driving now?

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I'm really warming up to the JL after seeing all of the details now, but I cannot see me ever getting rid of my JK for the JL. Honestly, I really love my JK. Mine is exactly where I want it performance wise and the with all of mods I've done to this point on it that are non-reversible, I'd lose my shirt if I were to try to trade or sell outright. I still run conventional coils but with the EVO skins/sliders/tire carrier/Long Arm kit and Dynatrac axles, I committed to the build long term. So much so that I'd probably do a LS conversion if/when the V6 craps out instead of getting a new JL.

Now, if the question was "would I get a JL in addition to", that might be a different story
    Oh, I totally hear ya. If anything, getting a new bone stock JL Wrangler is a lot easier for me to do being that I already have a JK that can do pretty much anything I want it to. I was just wondering about all this being that Moby is 10 years old and had we not done an LS swap, I would of had to really think hard about not selling him to get a JL - I really like them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Oh, I totally hear ya. If anything, getting a new bone stock JL Wrangler is a lot easier for me to do being that I already have a JK that can do pretty much anything I want it to. I was just wondering about all this being that Moby is 10 years old and had we not done an LS swap, I would of had to really think hard about not selling him to get a JL - I really like them that much.
    Wow, that's really saying something when you look at the specs on Moby! Add the fact that it will be some time before the serious pieces like Dynatrac axles & EVO DTD's will be available. But then you'd still have Rubicat and you'd be able to enjoy the comforts of new JL for a while. Makes sense I guess, but sell Moby?!?

Wow, that's really saying something when you look at the specs on Moby! Add the fact that it will be some time before the serious pieces like Dynatrac axles & EVO DTD's will be available. But then you'd still have Rubicat and you'd be able to enjoy the comforts of new JL for a while. Makes sense I guess, but sell Moby?!?
    LOL!! Oh no, I would never sell Moby and was more making the comment in regards to if he were the only JK I had. A big part of what made him so much fun over the last 10 years was being able to wheel him in all his different stages and really, building him up over the years was a ton of fun too. Of course, I thought I would never sell my old TJ for all the same reasons but looking back, I'm so glad that I did being that I don't think Moby would have ever gotten to where he is now had I not. The thought of starting all over again isn't such a terrible thing for me but fortunately, I don't have to

LOL!! Oh no, I would never sell Moby and was more making the comment in regards to if he were the only JK I had. A big part of what made him so much fun over the last 10 years was being able to wheel him in all his different stages and really, building him up over the years was a ton of fun too. Of course, I thought I would never sell my old TJ for all the same reasons but looking back, I'm so glad that I did being that I don't think Moby would have ever gotten to where he is now had I not. The thought of starting all over again isn't such a terrible thing for me but fortunately, I don't have to
    Damn, I was counting my quarters & wondering how much plasma I could sell to raise some cash quick! I like the thought of starting another build as well. That is super appealing and why I am considering a JL where as much as a couple weeks ago I wasn't happy that the JL wasn't different enough!

Damn, I was counting my quarters & wondering how much plasma I could sell to raise some cash quick! I like the thought of starting another build as well. That is super appealing and why I am considering a JL where as much as a couple weeks ago I wasn't happy that the JL wasn't different enough!
    I know exactly what you mean

Fresh Catch
    What kind of Toyota are you driving now?
    At the moment a Toyota Corolla for the last 2 year's don't laugh. I had cancer 2.5 year's a go ( I am doing fine now it goes well) and needed something that was easy for my wife to go to the hospital and back so . But now that live in going well we are in the market for a JL .I started 25 year's ago white a CJ7 and had several XJ's and YJ's so. Now I wanna buy a JL and enjoy life at the max

Sent from my SM-G935F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app