Thread: You can't make this up...

Cool You can't make this up...

Geocodes are unique codes that correspond to geographic coordinates. The currently best-known geocoding system was devised by a company called What3Words.com. What3Words has divided the entire planet into over 57 trillion 3- by 3-meter squares, each with a unique three-word identifier. These "addresses" are permanent, easy to record and communicate, and translate into latitude and longitude when plugged into a GPS. The three words that identify a given square are chosen essentially at random from an English-word dictionary, and there is no relation between adjacent squares.

The w3w code for my office is jeeps.cars.super.

Apparently, I was destined to get a Jeep.

Anyone else have wildly appropriate, inappropriate, amusing, or ironic geocodes?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphgb View Post
    Geocodes are unique codes that correspond to geographic coordinates. The currently best-known geocoding system was devised by a company called What3Words.com. What3Words has divided the entire planet into over 57 trillion 3- by 3-meter squares, each with a unique three-word identifier. These "addresses" are permanent, easy to record and communicate, and translate into latitude and longitude when plugged into a GPS. The three words that identify a given square are chosen essentially at random from an English-word dictionary, and there is no relation between adjacent squares.

The w3w code for my office is jeeps.cars.super.

Apparently, I was destined to get a Jeep.

Anyone else have wildly appropriate, inappropriate, amusing, or ironic geocodes?
    C6BFDCD2-5294-4A6F-BAE0-970A1FAAE0F1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app