Steersmart components

RLW007

Looking at upgrading my steering components for my JL Unlimited Rubicon on 37”, 3 1/2 EVO lift and looking at Steersmart. Their stuff looks good and popular at EJS this year. Thinking of relocating steering stabilizer, new drag link and tie rod.
Is anybody running their stuff? Looking for suggestions
Thanks
Randy

JTCO

Meme King
Looking at upgrading my steering components for my JL Unlimited Rubicon on 37”, 3 1/2 EVO lift and looking at Steersmart. Their stuff looks good and popular at EJS this year. Thinking of relocating steering stabilizer, new drag link and tie rod.
Thanks
Randy

Popular doesn't mean shit. Hitler was popular. SteerSmarts is a shitty company.

Synergy has a good relocation kit. But other than relocating the stabilizer, do you need to change out the tie rod and drag link? Why spend the money if you don't have to :idontknow:

Jdofmemi

When I bought my JK it had Steer Smart on it. At first I was impressed with it. The tie rod took a beating and came right back to straight every time. After less than a year one of the ends was loose.
When I went to get a replacement, I found that like Overlander says, the ends are proprietary, and $200 each. Well, in my experience, when one is bad, the other is usually close behind. $400 for tie rod ends, for another year. Nope.

That's not to mention their lack of class as a company. I would not buy or recommend their parts.

Jeeeep

Thanks
Randy

I ran steersmart drag link, tie rod on my JKU

Less than a year and a drag link end went bad, they wouldn't warranty it - 1st they told me it was by design then they told me it was installation.

Tie rod was also sketchy from the beginning but they kept insisting it was by design.

replacement costs for parts what will wear out is ridiculous stupid high.

My fault for buying into all their marketing bullshit and spending that kind of money for something that IMO cannot take the off-road abuse and 37's

I'd look at Synergy or Currie - both companies stand behind their products and when it comes time to replacement parts, it doesn't break the bank.

JL_John

Thanks
Randy

I bought their full kit with drag link flip after I had issues with death wobble. Talked to them on the phone and they recommended the flip kit based on having 3.5" lift and all the JL's they've cured with this system. Recently had the pleasure of spending $300 to buy a new "no flip" rod end and stabilzer bracket due to the high steer hitting my frame. Parts are solid and can take a beating but I'm beyond pissed that I had to buy replacement parts after following their recommendations. Plenty of companies out there selling quality products to upgrade steering at much less cost and better service.

Rgk401

I used steersmart on the jk and didn’t have any problems,but I was only running 35x12.5x24. And sold that Jeep after 15k miles. I personally like synergy because one fucking little joint/ball is like $30 vs $150 for queer smart lmfao..And the ball joint on the tie rod and drag link can be interchanged. So meaning I only need to carry 1 extra on the trail.” Just to be safe” and yes they was very unprofessional in the past trying to pimp there own products without permission. Shame on you [emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app