3.5" lift kit Decision, please help!

Jess Landin

Can't decide between a Rancho or Skyjacker 3.5" lift for my 2019 Sport Unlimited. Any input would be greatly appreciated.Rancho lift.PNGSkyjacker.PNG

CGRDT

I have the Rancho with 9000’s on mine and love it. They have a geometry bracket you will want to look into as well. Even with full width steel bumpers and winch, I measured out at 4” front and rear. Had it since November and hasn’t settled any yet.

IMG_2353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WizzBang

With a lift this high, are new driveshafts needed right away? I'm also looking at a lift for my JLUS and going 3.5 with 35's is probably going to happen sooner than later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a lift this high, are new driveshafts needed right away? I'm also looking at a lift for my JLUS and going 3.5 with 35's is probably going to happen sooner than later.

3.5" is CRAZY TALL for just 35" tires. While new drive shafts aren't needed right away, your rear shaft will most likely rub the gas tank at a full flex even with a track bar relocation bracket installed. An adjustable rear track bar will help you to push the axle out more to help prevent this but a smaller diameter aftermarket shaft will help out a lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't decide between a Rancho or Skyjacker 3.5" lift for my 2019 Sport Unlimited. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

As mentioned, of the 2 kits, I would highly recommend the Rancho. It's what we're running now and what you see featured in our JLX videos.

Jess Landin

CGRDT

3.5" is CRAZY TALL for just 35" tires. While new drive shafts aren't needed right away, your rear shaft will most likely rub the gas tank at a full flex even with a track bar relocation bracket installed. An adjustable rear track bar will help you to push the axle out more to help prevent this but a smaller diameter aftermarket shaft will help out a lot.

I have been wanting to ask you about this for a long time but my thought process (and as usual probably wrong, just ask my wife!) is that this same kit on a Rubi would only yield 2” of lift would it not? Would we still see bumping on the tank with a Sport? So far, and I don’t play anywhere as hard as you do, I haven’t found any bumping yet. The other part I was looking at was Evo’s rear roll center bracket but when I measured, I am only off about a 1/16” on passenger side and didn’t think is was needed. Would being off so little require it?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app