Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Thread

JTCO

Meme King
Are you ordering right away? I’m considering trading in my hydro JKU for a hydro JT.

Yes. Hoping it can be ordered this coming week. Just waiting on a call from the dealer. We're not getting a color-matched top so hopefully there won't be any delay.

If you trade, what trim and options are you thinking of getting?

TLife

Definitely a Rubicon, options are in the air a bit.

Must haves:
Automatic (JKU is a 6 speed, but everyone raves about the new auto)
Alpine & 8.4” screen
Front camera
Aux switches
Tow package
LEDs
Cargo management group

Strongly Considering:
Dual top vs premium soft
Factory bed liner and tonneau
Steel front bumper (I read this is currently on restriction)
Bluetooth speaker

What options are you getting?

There’s a dealer not too far from me doing 5% under invoice with a $75 doc fee. Haven’t contacted them about the trade, but seems a pretty good price for the Gladiator.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
What options are you getting?

We're keeping it simple. We're keeping the wj for off-road and my wife loves her jku. So this JT will strictly be for road trips and low mileage reliability along with having a pickup bed.
We're going with a Sport S. We've been back and forth on the tops but the included regular soft top comes completely off with 2 bolts so we're keeping it. We'll do the bedliner ourselves. We almost got the tonneau cover but it hasn't gotten the best reviews. We've already spoken to a custom shop locally and will likely build a bed system ourselves with a custom cover.
We're ordering the max tow, automatic with the cold weather group and aux switches. That's it. Crazy simple. We'll likely take the inner fender liners out, throw on some 35s and slider/steps for the kids and that's it. Ever since I sold my truck, the opportunity for needing one constantly creeps up in my head. The JT will be perfect for us.

There’s a dealer not too far from me doing 5% under invoice with a $75 doc fee. Haven’t contacted them about the trade, but seems a pretty good price for the Gladiator.

Do you mind sharing who that is?

TLife

Do you mind sharing who that is?

No problem at all, here’s what I know (copied from another source, I don’t work there or know them at all):

Motor Inn of Spirit Lake, IA

5% below invoice with an active tread lightly membership.

$75 doc fee

We offer financing options, or you can bring your own bank, your decision

$500 non-refundable deposit, that deposit goes towards the final price of your Gladiator

Spencer Heywood
Owner
Motor Inn of Spirit Lake
spencer.heywood@motorinnmail.com
712-336-2701

TLife

We'll do the bedliner ourselves. We almost got the tonneau cover but it hasn't gotten the best reviews. We've already spoken to a custom shop locally and will likely build a bed system ourselves with a custom cover.

When you say you’ll do the bedliner yourselves do you mean buy some product and apply it yourself or have it done by someone besides the factory? If applying it yourself would you expect to have the same quality/durability as a professionally applied one? I suppose there’s lots of info on the webs about this, I’ve just never owned a truck so this is all new to me.

I saw Pig rated the tonneau a hard pass. I’ve looked a bit at a few other options, but I like the idea of no velcro on the Mopar one. I might be willing to sacrifice a bit of dust tightness for no velcro. I wouldn’t be permanently storing anything back there and it would be garaged at the house, so the fact that it doesn’t lock doesn’t bother me much.

JTCO

Meme King
When you say you’ll do the bedliner yourselves do you mean buy some product and apply it yourself or have it done by someone besides the factory? If applying it yourself would you expect to have the same quality/durability as a professionally applied one? I suppose there’s lots of info on the webs about this, I’ve just never owned a truck so this is all new to me.

We're going with Herculiner. It definitely does not have the same quality look like linex or rhino lining but it's 100 bucks for the kit and is an easy diy project and I think it looks just fine. We did both of our Jeeps on the inside and think it's just fine for the practical protection of it. As far as durability, ours have held up great. About 5 years on the WJ with no issues. Plus the JT bed will have a cover so we don't really care about it looking the best it can.

Here's some pics from the JK:

IMG_20170811_205718_407.jpg

IMG_20170812_133008_522.jpg

IMG_20170430_172813_193.jpg

IMG_20170430_172838_371.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Getting restless........ I should have just ordered a Launch Edition with working mirrors.

Last edited:

Onlyone

Getting restless........ I should have just ordered a Launch Edition with working mirrors.
I can’t wait to see it! It took me forever to find the right deal on mine and the one I wanted but I understand how you feel. It seems like a long damn wait.

JTCO

Meme King
Just talked to dealer....nothing..... Good news is that my alcohol consumption has gone up though :beer:

mac214

Just talked to dealer....nothing..... Good news is that my alcohol consumption has gone up though :beer:

Don’t worry, ordering the JT likely won’t change that anyways. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk