Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

Years ago, I was bay fishing on a beautiful day. I heard strange sounds as we drifted across the skinny turquoise water jigging for specks. Once I realized it was voices shouting over the water from a 1/4 mile away, I realized they needed help. They had not the proper safety equipment on a company boat. Like a whistle or emergency flares. Those were the days before cell phones were prevalent. It was a beautiful boat, but not one for shallow flats. Needless to say, they run aground on the mud bottom and were stuck in the middle of the bay. The mud bottom makes a suction action on the bottom of the boats hull preventing any form or recovery. The only remedy is to manually lift the side of the boat (ourselves standing in the water) up and down repeatedly, to get small air pockets between the mud and the boat hull to release the sucking it effect. It did suck. Long story short, we were wet but we got them out. I remember the awe on their faces when it finally came free. Karma is real. Pass on the positivity forward.

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

Caught the Bug
    Done that quite a bit too....more often in snowy conditions though when people just slide of the road....
    V6 Diesel JL SWB???? If available in Europe!

Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Just one more Wayalife video that I can cite, while pleading my case to my husband, that I "need" a Warn winch for my JL!

Laura Rose from PA
    1990 YJ
    2018 JL

Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    Just one more Wayalife video that I can cite, while pleading my case to my husband, that I "need" a Warn winch for my JL!

Laura Rose from PA
    A wife having to convince husband to
    for mods? Have I entered the twilight zone? I thought it was the other way around usually.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    A wife having to convince husband to
    for mods? Have I entered the twilight zone? I thought it was the other way around usually.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    LOL, yeah, it usually is the other way around! My husband drives an F-250 & thinks my Jeep is "ok", but DOES NOT get the whole Jeep thing. He keeps reminding me of how much $$$ I've already put into my JL - then he says, "I hope you're done for a while hon", to which I reply, "how long is a while?"... opposites attract ... he did help me install my EVO Enforcer Stage 2 tho

Laura Rose from PA
    1990 YJ
    2018 JL

LOL, yeah, it usually is the other way around! My husband drives an F-250 & thinks my Jeep is "ok", but DOES NOT get the whole Jeep thing. He keeps reminding me of how much $$$ I've already put into my JL - then he says, "I hope you're done for a while hon", to which I reply, "how long is a while?"... opposites attract ... he did help me install my EVO Enforcer Stage 2 tho

Laura Rose from PA
    That sounds like a good Team

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Fresh Catch
    Love seeing people helping others! You never know when it may be you or a loved one in those situations and hopefully the right person comes along!

When my wife was in college in the mid 90's, her vehicle broke down on I-30 in Arkansas and she did not have any way of contacting anyone. Being that it is a very busy interstate and miles between exits she was very upset and just sat in her car. Eventually a car hauler that was empty stopped and they were super nice and loaded up her vehicle and took her to the next exit. Just as Eddie and many of us are equipped to help others (and car haulers) it truly blesses someone when we do.

Great job. Jeepers are great people and you just showed how great we are. Thank you Eddie and Cindy

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Nice work! Great find 🧐
    How'd I know you'd go there

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
    Great job my friend--

One more for the gipper-

JIMBO
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Good samaritan. Good job.
    Well, I'm sure any of you would have done the same

Laura Rose from PA
    LOL - hope the video helps

Fresh Catch
    Nice Guy. She really needed a shirt, you should have given her the one off your back lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast