Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

Cool VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

It isn't every day that you find yourself in the right place and at the right time but as luck would have it, Cindy and I just happened to be there as we made our way home from Moab. As we drove across Interstate 80, we passed a car on the side of the highway and from the look of things, was stuck in some mud. For those of you who know the area, this was out in the no mans land between West Wendover and Salt Lake City and close to world famous Bonnaville Speedway. While the salt flats along the highway may look dry and even be safe enough to walk on, it doesn't take much for an adventurous car to get buried in the muck lying just beneath the surface. I know it isn't much but the following short video highlights what we came across and how we were able to lend a helping hand.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Awesome! You truly made their day!
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Nice that you were there and had a quality winch to help them out.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    So funny you were there. I was at that exact spot years ago looking at tire tracks heading out to those flats, telling my wife “man those people are so dumb for trying to drive out onto the salt from the side of the road.” Later on at Bonneville I ran into a guy that said the tow bill for that recovery is over $1000 and that the WORST spot to try and access the salt is at the edges, as that’s where the mud is the worst. Those girls are lucky you were there. You can see some tire tracks going out onto the salt in that area, some make it 1/4 mile in and get REAL stuck, all of whom had to be recovered. Even in something like a wrangler, that mud is so sticky and slick, that once it coats your tires 4WD isn't going to do jack for you.

36792013430_fcb2e5bc43_o.jpg
    Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 04-25-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Awesome! You truly made their day!
    We were just lucky to be there when we were. They said they called AAA but that it was going to take no less than 3 hours to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Nice that you were there and had a quality winch to help them out.
    LOL - having the right equipment for the job is always a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    So funny you were there. I was at that exact spot years ago looking at tire tracks heading out to those flats, telling my wife “man those people are so dumb for trying to drive out onto the salt from the side of the road.” Later on at Bonneville I ran into a guy that said the tow bill for that recovery is over $1000 and that the WORST spot to try and access the salt is at the edges, as that’s where the mud is the worst. Those girls are lucky you were there. You can see some tire tracks going out onto the salt in that area, some make it 1/4 mile in and get REAL stuck, all of whom had to be recovered. Even in something like a wrangler, that mud is so sticky and slick, that once it coats your tires 4WD isn't going to do jack for you.
    Dry lakes can be a lot of fun to drive on but you really need to know what's safe and what's not. There's no way you'd ever catch me driving out it that shit or at least, not on purpose.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    We were just lucky to be there when we were. They said they called AAA but that it was going to take no less than 3 hours to save them.

LOL - having the right equipment for the job is always a good thing

Dry lakes can be a lot of fun to drive on but you really need to know what's safe and what's not. There's no way you'd ever catch me driving out it that shit or at least, not on purpose.
    lol, especially since around 10 miles past that tree thingie, are the bonneville salt flats, where you can drive safely to your heart's content.

Good save. I was out riding muddy dirt roads with my son a few weeks back and there was a couple vans with out of town college kids stuck in the mud in the middle of nowhere. Not sure how they made it as far as they did in their Dodge Caravans but they had no business being on these roads even if the GPS was telling them it was a shortcut. We winched them both out and turned them around the other direction. Not even half a mile further down the road we had to winch ourselves out it got so deep.
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Hooked
    Great job my friend--

One more for the gipper-

JIMBO

Nice work! Great find 🧐

2019 MP
    2012 JK8
    1989 YJ Sahara
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

Good samaritan. Good job.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast