IDrive

Rgk401

Anyone ever heard of IDRIVE. It’s a programmer for Jeep and everyone is saying its worth them money and how much of a power gain it is. Just looking got someone with truthful experience and Thant’s not sponsored. Thank

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

Anyone ever heard of IDRIVE. It’s a programmer for Jeep and everyone is saying its worth them money and how much of a power gain it is. Just looking got someone with truthful experience and Thant’s not sponsored. Thank

It's the same thing as the Pedal Commander, I bought one for my JK out of curiosity and while it does make the drive-by-wire pedal more sensitive and quick to respond it's not a programmer and there is zero power gain, nothing. Anyone who claims there are power gains is full of shit.

I found the Sport+ mode to make the pedal too sensitive and it did chirp the tires, even the Sport mode was pretty touchy that I almost rear-ended another vehicle. With the multiple adjustments I found a spot that I prefer where the pedal responds nicely in city driving.

For off-road use I turn it off and if I recall, the manufacturer recommends to turn it off as well as it does make the pedal that touchy and I could see breaking something in 4-LO with the pedal being too responsive.

The iDrive is cheaper but even at that price, IMO not worth it.

As I stated, I bought the commander for my JK which compared to the JL has bad pedal lag from the factory. If I was given the chance to test before buying, I wouldn't waste my money.

Personally, I think the JL has great pedal response and would say save your money for more useful mods.

Rgk401

It's the same thing as the Pedal Commander, I bought one for my JK out of curiosity and while it does make the drive-by-wire pedal more sensitive and quick to respond it's not a programmer and there is zero power gain, nothing. Anyone who claims there are power gains is full of shit.

I found the Sport+ mode to make the pedal too sensitive and it did chirp the tires, even the Sport mode was pretty touchy that I almost rear-ended another vehicle. With the multiple adjustments I found a spot that I prefer where the pedal responds nicely in city driving.

For off-road use I turn it off and if I recall, the manufacturer recommends to turn it off as well as it does make the pedal that touchy and I could see breaking something in 4-LO with the pedal being too responsive.

As I stated, I bought the commander for my JK which compared to the JL has bad pedal lag from the factory. If I was given the chance to test before buying, I wouldn't waste my money.

Personally, I think the JL has great pedal response and would say save your money for more useful mods.

Thank you for your honest opinion,really appreciate it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL - couldn't have said it better myself! Kills me when guys out there actually swear they got more power out of something like this.